Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3" Taipan xp exhaust system

Hi Guys,

have ordered a 3" Taipan xp exhaust system to complement the catch can and anti det kit i installed to the GU3. is this the best exhaust system for the GU to help the exhaust to escape quicker and keep the turbo cooler?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure, i went with the beaudesert 2 3/4 and am very happy with it. also bought it as DIY and saved a bit on the instal was a piece of piss cheers....
    2008 GU 2" LIFT, GME UHF BLACK KING WHEELS, SAFARI SNORKEL, LIGHTFORCE 240' KAYMAR DUAL WHEEL CARRIER STEINBAUER POWER, beaudesert 2 3/4 system, runva 11,000 comp winch.....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went Taipan exhaust with the DPChip, was a great improvement when wanting to speed up off overtaking. Spools up a little quicker.
    Look, everyone has there likes and dislikes for which is or isn't a better exhaust.
    I like the taipan for the fact that it doesn't sound like a 3" xzorst, at only 5 or so decibels louder that standard was a win for me, definitely louder but doesn't drone, like some at 100kph.

I was however disappointed when I first drove out the shop, saying "is that all I get" , cos I really didn't feel any increases, but by the time I got home I realised what a huge difference it actually made.
    In my opinion, any exhaust upgrade is better than standard.
    I especially love the sound of the last few seconds before turning off. (With turbo timer)
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate

How much did you fork out for this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also went with a Beaudesert 2.75 inch pipe. The 3 inch units seem to offer less backpressure and you really do need some of that to allow the engine to scavenge correctly.

I also fitted a Steibauer chip.

The combination works for me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the Taipan 3in Exhaust set ya back? I'm looking around for a DIY kit atm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel84 View Post
    What did the Taipan 3in Exhaust set ya back? I'm looking around for a DIY kit atm
    I can't remember exactly now but was around $1500 fitted.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

the exhaust was $1600 fitted, the anti det kit and catch can was $600 fitted with the K & N air filter, they also cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced all hoses with silicone ones.
    2003 GU3 Auto, 2" lift, Bilstien shocks, King Springs, Taipan catch can, anti det kit and 3" XP exhaust

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SEALEGEND View Post
    Hi Guys,

the exhaust was $1600 fitted, the anti det kit and catch can was $600 fitted with the K & N air filter, they also cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced all hoses with silicone ones.
    Fek! they seen you coming....
    Sorry but that pretty expensive I reckon. But if your happy then it doesnt matter.
    3inch on a td is prime. Turbo diesels don't want back pressure, at all. They need a free flowing system. You have back pressure on a turbo deisel the turbo will be trying to blow a golf ball through a garden hose. Its not a good thing.
    I had silicone hoses but all the silicone hoses sold these days are garbage and silicone and oil are worst enemy's. Just be wary of that and keep an eye on the hoses. Silicone coolant hoses can be affected by the type of coolant you run too. While silicone is good in some cases, its also worse in other. Worse than rubber and oil. Put new rubber hoses, except for one which Is still silicone, but it's decent American made silicone. I used to sell silicone in the heavy haulage industry to OEM's like Kenworth and Mack. Plus in the mining industry. There is some real bad silicone getting out there now and is doing more damage than good. I got a k&n filter in mine too. Breathes a little better now.
    What you need to do now is a chip and rip out the muffler. Goes great without the muffler and sounds a bit better. Well better for what a little engine can sound like.
    Can you tell us what exactly was done when they installed the anti det kit?

Cheers.
    Last edited by mudski; 1st October 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SEALEGEND View Post
    Hi Guys,

Nah mate you did good, they seen me coming. I just found my Taipan post and I paid $1700 fitted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast