User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landcruiser Mountain Park

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this post is a bit old now but the head of the Brisbne River can be ok to swim but the water is brown but ok or right out the back there are a couple of dams but again the water is a bit brown but when it is hot and dusty it is good to cool off and you are in the bush anyway.

Ask at the front counter and they will show you on the map.

Enjoy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first 4WD park we went to; had always avoided such places as we preferred to get away from it all. Happily this place is so huge that after a day of enjoying the challenges of the tracks, watching how others tackle those challenges (some not turning out so well - still remember watching a few fall over in the Pig Pen - hilarious!)(even more hilarious was our Disco getting stuck in the Pig Pen and a couple of young lads in a tiny little Zook snatching us out very proudly, then being swarmed in thanks by our carload of 14 year old girls who had been sitting in the Disco in water up to their knees screaming in mock terror...) then taking off for some off the beaten track campsites to spend the night without another soul anywhere around - perfect!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was there a few weeks ago, great place.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great place. Has everything for newbies to crazy insane people! Plus the camping is great too.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first 4x4 park I went to, had a blast. Went up telecom tower in a suzuki sierra, yeah I thought I was going to die but we made it up and back down

Thanks
    Thanked 8,043 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary there, I loved it but she did not speak to me for a while.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent the Easter Long weekend up at LMP; awesome fun! Camped 'off the grid' - we spoke to the lady at the office for her recommendations, but then in exploring around we found another spot tucked away next to a creek in a perfect spot, so we had our own private campsite for 4 days! We were coming up here years ago when we were Disco drivers and this was the first time we came up with the Patrol, also the first time we've given the Patrol a really hard workout; we've done mud, sand and touring, but never the sort of stuff you find at LMP! Anyway, we were warned of the washouts and the fact that some of the 'green' routes were not so green due to such and you pretty much had to take them as you find them, until the team had gotten around to fixing them all up. No worries. Anyway, obstacle one (creek crossing, with steep little drop, but nothing too much, a few washouts and we nearly dropped her on her side! A bit of the bank collapsed and we fell into it, went right over and the only thing that stopped us see-sawing right onto our side was my weight on the passenger side (glad I never went on that diet!). Anyway, the winch was quickly deployed to put things to rights and we were off again! We put that Patrol through her paces and were very happy with how well she handled everything we put her at (Telecom Hill seemed so easy, compared to when we did it years ago; what were we worried about?!) including a number of the extreme routes (you know the ones, lots of red zig zags!) I think there might have been a couple we 'fell' down more than skillfully drove down on day one, but as we gained trust in the good old Patrol and what she could do, we were pitting her at more challenging obstacles, with the winch only being used once more to get us around Cooper Corner when we mis-judged our approach to that very tight and tricky little spot!
    I can't wait to get back up there; it's a great place to test your self and your vehicle on relatively 'known' standards of obstacle an also meet up with other like minded 4wders; we tagged along with one group of people to go down one red route we were considering - they kindly offered us to tag along and they offered commentary on the UHF as we descended which was pretty helpful too.
    I think what I love about the place the most however, is the fact that you can camp 'free range' and really get away from it all; you can take your dog, have a camp fire, get a bit of peace and quiet or if so inclined, you can have a big group of you in a nice campsite with closeby toilets for convenience; up to you! (and the shop has emergency ice creams and other sundries, which is always good!)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good write up mate, thanks for posting.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12