need help. trying to fix an initial wiring short problem on my friends 1990 patrol that caused some smoke and then all instrument lights to stop working. Found melted wiring behind radio, which i replaced, but lights still not functional. cannot find any blown fuses in fuse area. radio fuse blows when re installing harness and screwing console back to dash. replaced fuse but now auto aerial does not extend on radio power on as usual. pull on wiring harness to old manual aerial switch, and find aerial goes up, but then goes back down again. decided to stop fault finding for the day. i thought i turned off ignition properly, but my friend informs me his ignition switch is faulty and allows the keys to come out at any position. hence i left the ignition in the ON position overnight. on my return in the morning i realized my mistake but battery was fully flat, down to 2.5 volts. recharged battery but still unable to get REDS when turn on ignition. unable to locate any main fuses that may be blown. can anyone tell me what i am missing. by the way i have an electronics background and have worked on various car electrical systems all my life but this Nissan has stumped me. please help. stan