Thread: Calling on GU owners (2005+) with ARB winch bullbars

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling on GU owners (2005+) with ARB winch bullbars

I am calling on any GU owners 2005 onwards with an ARB winch bullbar.
    I need to get measured the distance between the winch mount bolt hole on the bar and the bar mounting bracket on the bullbar on the left side. The winch is I think 223mm for bolt centre to end on motor.

If I get a someone, I'll PM my mobile or you can PM your mobile and I'll give you a call or just get the measurement if you understand my engrish above.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    200mm

But the winch is mounted slightly above the chassis mount
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (10th September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ARB deluxe winch bar on GUIV

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have only recently had the ARB bar fitted by the panel beater after the crash. I can confirm that the mount system on the ARB bar is COMPLETELY Different to the OE bar from Nissan that it replaced. A heap more room in there mic. I fitted this winch to the Nissan bar and it was snug in there but there is heaps of room around this one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    200mm

But the winch is mounted slightly above the chassis mount
    It's not looking promising.
    I just look at Runva website and the drum size is 223mm.
    The bolt hole centre to end of motor is 206mm.
    I'm really hoping your measurement was rough.
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 10th September 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you look at that last pic i posted. That is looking dead straight ahead through the bar and along the chassis. The Winch is actually Above the rail and the Airbag crush mount is like a little slipper on the end of the chassis rail. Then you see the adjusting screw (big silver washer you can see it well from the top pic looking down on it) Given what i have just seen i think you will be right mate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    If you look at that last pic i posted. That is looking dead straight ahead through the bar and along the chassis. The Winch is actually Above the rail and the Airbag crush mount is like a little slipper on the end of the chassis rail. Then you see the adjusting screw (big silver washer you can see it well from the top pic looking down on it) Given what i have just seen i think you will be right mate.
    I really really hope so.
    I just spoke to Steve (Steve4wdin) as he has a 2011 GU like mine and has a ARB deluxe winch bar and he'll get me measurements and maybe photos also a bit later on.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGOMONSTER For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need to see one I'm not far away

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein
    ------------
    2008 GU 3.0 CRD Auto - Life's too short to eat bad food.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    If you need to see one I'm not far away

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein
    I'm from Western suburbs area also.
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 10th September 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast