Thread: Just got put on casual.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got put on casual.....

Im not real happy about this but... I just got put on casual because I walked out of work on Friday because of a lot of reasons, life and work related, told my supervisor that I had booked a doctors appointment. Anyway long story short got told I had depression and anxiety and got referred to a psychologist which is tomorrow and got told to take a week off................ went to work today and signed in at a prestart meeting worked for an hour and was told to go see one of three bosses................... got put on casual instead of being full time, I was told to go home then half way home, I got a phone call to say take my toolbox...... to me this means f#*£ off.. pardon my language please. obviously they have had to deal with a lot of workers like me and had their own stories to tell. I couldn't get involved in a pissing contest... and don't see it working out, I have a house to pay off and all the rest.... just wanting to know if anybody has had dealings like this and what action was takin, any kind words would also help as im feeling pretty down and not in a good place right now..
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 9th September 2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Language sorry mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear that andy, there is a depression thread on this forum, mate i cant offer advice regarding the work situation but maybe one of the other lads can. I hope things work out for you, one thing is are you a union member because thats the first port of call to make if you are. good luck mate and keep your chin up and make sure that you see the psychologist.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

ANDY_M (9th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they can't do that..
    I'd be giving work place relations a call mate.. Just because your goingvto a tough time they can't demote or Fire you..

But all the best mate. If you need a chat jump on and chat away..
    And beyond blue is a great Male help line. Heard many good things about them..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing the union is a good call if you're a member. No shame in seeing the psychologist, but remember that if you don't 'click' with him/her, shop around. Doesn't even have to be a psychologist, there are some great counsellors around, & having the 'non judgemental space' just to tak about your 'stuff' with the support they offer can make all the difference, even if it feel like it won't.

Good luck mate.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

ANDY_M (9th September 2013), lorrieandjas (10th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you are a fulltime employee mate, for them to "demote" you to casual you need to sign a new contract. otherwise you are still a fulltime worker, it sounds like they just dont want to pay for your entitlements such as sick pay. how long have you been there for? have you still got a copy of your work contract? as stropp said, i'd be talking to your union.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate hope everything works out. Don't just bend over and take it.
    We've had a bloke go through a similar process in the last year or so. Company attempted to re-trench him elsewhere so as he would not cost them much in terms of sick pay / leave etc. He went through the union and the company quickly back-paddled and re-instated his position and gave him plenty of support and time off.
    2005 TD42TI

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

ANDY_M (9th September 2013), BigRAWesty (9th September 2013), Stropp (9th September 2013)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I'm not in a union. Just basically have been shafted. Mind you this coming from the same boss that was going to sack me for not cleaning his car after a service (200 series junk). I just can't believe I'm being bullied by a grown man.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea mate.. Not cool. And not right..
    If you can I'd be perusing the correct avenues as what he is doing to you would not be helping.

Everyone has rights mate and he is really crossing the line...
    Which industry are you in? We may be able to put you onto you local union member, if not a quick call to the work Place ombudsmen
    http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

ANDY_M (10th September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    if you are a fulltime employee mate, for them to "demote" you to casual you need to sign a new contract. otherwise you are still a fulltime worker, it sounds like they just dont want to pay for your entitlements such as sick pay. how long have you been there for? have you still got a copy of your work contract? as stropp said, i'd be talking to your union.
    X2

They can't alter your employment position without negotiation. To make you a casual from a full timer they would have to cease your employment and pay out your entitled annual leave and confirm that your Super is up to date. If you have already got a medical certificate referring you to a councillor and you have presented that to your employer then if they change your status take them for Unfair Dismissal. THEY WILL LOOSE.

To change you to casual is a dismissal of your full time status and the commission would view them very badly if you prove they knew you had the medical certificate.

How many staff at the workplace? What kind of workplace?

As others have stated mate, take the help that is offered and make the call and talk to people. It helps mate ALLOT.

good luck mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    x3 with Rusty and Mudrunner.... I'm not going to repeat what they've just typed but I do wish you all the very best mate and hope things work out

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast