Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    The vacuum lines are all the small rubber hoses going to turbo actuator and vacuum solenoid just left of air filter box.
    should be 3 outlets from memory.
    As Yendor mentions contaminates,,,, was the fuel filter dirty when changed,
    if running tank right down could be sucking up crud from bottom of tank
    Yup I was aware where they were, and that in some form they trigger the actuator, but just wasn't 100% sure. Not sure on fuel filter, as I didn't ask after nissan replaced it during last service.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Like TD said. Clean the MAF. But if its foobar the cleaner will do jack. What mods have you got besides the zorst? Daes and needle valve? EGR block?
    Could be a number of things. A vacuum leak may cause this but a Faulty MAF could too....
    Nothing except the 2.75 beaudesert exhaust. Other than that engine is stock as rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    But wouldn't a decrease in back pressure from having a larger diameter exhaust do this?
    Sure would, but why is it intermittent, is what I'm curious about.

There could be a whole range of potential issues here at play. Like I said above, nissan suggested clutch helper is controlled by vaccum and issues with hoses could be the issue, but they didn't have a look. Also, after my exhaust was fitted, I had the car looked at for a potential exhaust or manifold leak, but nothing's come out of that.

I just took the car for a spin just then, for about 15 minutes to grab a pizza, and she absolutely flew... Maybe it likes the dark.
    2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Crisp night air is awesome for driving, you'd swear black and blue it was a different 4x4
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

4. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

P4trol (10th September 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Crisp night air is awesome for driving, you'd swear black and blue it was a different 4x4
    Sure is, over the winter just gone, some morning's it was such an experience driving to work. Plenty of power! But in hindsight, the other warm day we had when it was 25, so warmer than usual, she still behaved the same, plenty of power. And then few hours later, it's as if she retires a few cylnders.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exhaust wouldn't cause this. If it did, everyone would have this issue I would think. Check the MAF, clean it and judge it from there. But being intermittent it sounds like a MAF issue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Hodge (7th September 2013)

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know exactly what you mean (have a similar thing happen to mine. Except it sort of seems tied to heat - heat soak and a hot afternoon and it's a slug).

But I haven't found why.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my diesels, including the 4.2, and 3Litre Di's and CRD's have shown this characteristic, and I think it has a lot to do with the amount of moisture in the air....

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about checking the ic pipes are tight enough I found loose hoses on mine when having seemingly the same problem, also get and ultragauge set that up and see what your boost is doing but I cannot see that it would be overboosting.ps with the ultraguage get the windscreen holder.kev
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recon clean and or test the maf with a multi meter.... Similar prob I had once .... It was the maf .... Cheers
    2005 gu ZD30 3.0 Auto, Dobinson 2inch springs/shocks/firestone air bags, provent 200, EGR blocked, dawes valve, needle valve, snorkel, EGT,boost and trany temp gauge, torque converter lock up kit,Tunit chip, 2.75inch exhaust , ARB cage roof rack

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just cleaned the MAF, and I"m not sure how clean this thing is mean to be but mine isn't looking very pretty by my standards. I sprayed it pretty good and let it dry. Battery still off, so haven't driven it yet.

2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if that is what it looks like after you have cleaned it then that's not good do you have a friend or something whos maf you could try
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast