OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An important message from a valued departing member - Scotty (Bigrig)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

An important message from a valued departing member - Scotty (Bigrig)

Hi everyone,

Scotty has approached me to post this up for you all to see.

As some of you know, Scotty (AKA BigRig) was a member on here for over 3 years. He has been an extremely valued member to the forum with great knowledge of Patrols and a personality bringing in a lot of networking in QLD resulting in some great meet ups.

I for one want to thank him for all of his efforts to date and he will be sorely missed from the forum. He is a friend and a valued member to the forum who will never be forgotten.

It is unfortunate the events that have occurred over the last 3-4 months. I respect the effort he has put into the place and respect his actions in wanting me to post this on his behalf below.

Scotty has also requested that the ban stays to keep friendships he/we have made as a result of this place.

I had to laugh at the first comment though.....For those who don't know him, the below is actually "Short and sweet" for Scotty...lol

"I’ll keep this short and sweet.

I was a member of NissanPatrol.com.au from October 2010 till August 2013. In that time I experienced the growth and development of the membership and associated interactions from a vast amount of people. I saw people come and I saw people go, however in the early stages I never quite understood what all the fuss was about regarding a “family friendly forum” as it was quite often referred to by others in those days. The place was as friendly a joint as one could hope for, but the ‘family’ reference is where most got it misconstrued – all that really meant was we wished to act in a way that presented initial courtesy to allow members to get to know each other at face value without preconception, and promote an online community that wives, kids, friends of friends etc would be happy to join – the bad stuff could come later!! Lol.

That is probably where I lost track, and for that I’ve also lost what was once a large part of my life – something I treasured, but something I obviously took for granted. I met a great many people through the place that I now class as true “mates” and for that I am exceptionally grateful – hopefully I’ll get the opportunity to continue to meet others through those on here I still interact with.

Firstly, to Andy (AB) – to you I owe the most, and to you I offer the sincerest of apologies. You placed trust in me and I quite frankly let you down by betraying that trust. I could offer a gamut of reasons as to my behaviour, but they would be veiled excuses and would be worth little. Quite simply, I fully respect what you have done, are attempting to do, and our friendship, so on that note, I can only offer you the greatest of wishes in hoping you achieve everything you’ve set out to do with the establishment of the forum – you deserve it, and much more.

The list of those I’ve upset (hopefully only over the last 6 months or so), I’m not even sure where to start. Bob, 3Dogs, MudRunner, Cuppa, Mudski, (especially MudRunner and Cuppa) and no doubt a range of others including some who are close to me and would have expected more. To you I can only say I have sincere regret for my ramblings (drunken or otherwise – no excuse), and offer my apologies. Not sure what “came over me” as it were, and certainly started placing to much personal emphasis/perception on my responses, which in the past were hopefully received as light hearted and genuine. You did nothing to deserve such wrath, and I trust that you can see fit to at least forget and move on, even if not to forgive.

To the moderators – simply put, a great bunch. Couldn’t be a better selection on any forum elsewhere and you’re input and support over time has proven invaluable – to both myself personally and heaps of others that you wouldn’t have even heard about.

To all the rest of you – it was a blast!!! As said, have met a great bunch from the forum, and no doubt many of you have. I offer my thanks to all those that made the place so enjoyable for so long, and I fully anticipate it will do nothing but continue to grow under the mature and even handed guidance of AB and those he appoints as moderators. Enjoy the place – don’t take too much heed of what may be perceived as a personal attack. The internet, and online communication in general is not conducive to understanding the tone or temperament under which something was written – take a moment, take a breath, and clarify. Guaranteed that 99.9% of the time, you’re reading it the wrong way … I know I did.

All the very best to you all, and I hope you continue to enjoy the place into the future as much as I did in the past. Hope to see you out on the tracks one day …"

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (3rd September 2013), BigRAWesty (3rd September 2013), boots (3rd September 2013), Clunk (3rd September 2013), GQ TANK (8th September 2013), growler2058 (3rd September 2013), GU CAMPER (4th September 2013), hekarewe (4th October 2013), MC97GQ (4th September 2013), megatexture (3rd September 2013), MudRunnerTD (3rd September 2013), my third 256 (4th September 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (3rd September 2013), nissannewby (4th September 2013), oncedisturbed (4th September 2013), PMC (4th September 2013), rusty_nail (3rd September 2013), Sir Roofy (4th September 2013), Stropp (3rd September 2013), taslucas (3rd September 2013), TPC (3rd September 2013), Trolatron (7th October 2013), Woof (3rd September 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    R.I.P. Scotty...............................

EDIT: Sorry I think I may have confused some people!

SCOTTYS NOT DEAD!

Now lets hang some sh!t on him, it's what he would have wanted lmao
    Last edited by taslucas; 4th September 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit brief!
    Last edited by growler2058; 3rd September 2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot the smiley face :)

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    eloquently put as always........... well almost!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

and if you read this.......

see ya big fella and don't forget to give me a call when you're over this way, I'll get the beers in.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love you, Scotty.

Take care out there.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger! He had the 2nd best looking patrol on this forum...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
    Bugger! He had the 2nd best looking patrol on this forum...
    But the worst looking noggin!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (3rd September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I haven't met the bigman, it is sad to see him go ... can't he come back at some stage ....
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,425 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am glad to be able to consider him a friend. Good on ya Scotty!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (3rd September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty you have my number as I have yours so will keep in contact, as I said the other week you and your family are always welcome at my joint when you're in Sydney and I know the same goes for me if I'm ever up your way.

Take care mate and I'll catch up with you one day soon
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast