Thread: Gq rb30 efi

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gq rb30 efi

I have a GQ patrol with RB30 that I'm converting to efi. Everything is bolted up and I'm using an R31 loom, which is all wired up. Lights come on the ECU which I assume is a good thing (ie it's getting power in all the right places). Problem I'm having though is it will not start. I've ruled out spark as I can get it to fire using start ya bastard. Just won't continue to run.

I've thought that it may be fuel related but fuel is definately being pumped to the rail. There's nothing coming out the return line at the fuel pressure regulator (is this norm?) so I'm assuming it's not getting enough pressure. So I went out and got a fuel pressure gauge, and sure enough the needle doesn't even move off 0. I should mention that I am running the EFI pump from an R31 in place of the stock fuel pump. I've wired it up to the ECU and you can hear it prime for about 5 seconds when I turn the ign on.

So basically I'm putting it down to a dud pump (bought brand new about 3 years ago though). Does this sound like the problem, or should it still at least fire but run like crap?

Thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't run if there's no fuel pressure. The fuel injectors are basically an on/off tap and needs the fuel pressure to push the fuel into the cylinder. Check that your fuel filter isn't blocked. Start at the pump and make sure you're getting fuel flow. Make sure you've actually got fuel. Did you wire up the pump yourself? Maybe it's wired reversed?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply parksy. I've confirmed that the fuel pump I was given was the internal pump for a VL commodore (low pressure). Picking up a new one today and will fit that and try again. Cheers