Thread: Chilledwuns 99 Gu RD2.8 build

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chilledwuns 99 Gu RD2.8 build

Hi All, Planning to a bit of a mild build to the Gu.
    The Story so far
    Had it for about 5 years after originally purchasing to be able to launch the tinnie from the river banks when I lived up on the Murray. Only done about 20k Km's since I've had it and rarely driven in the last 18 months.
    Shortly losing my company car and was thinking about upgrading to a new one but as i rarely drive weekdays (due to working interstate most weeks) it would only get used going away to Eildon way every second weekend, so seems dumb getting a new one when this one owes me nothing.
    Can work with my hands (ex chippy) with a little bit of mechanical knowledge. (Read oil change...lol)
    Been doing my reasearch with all the great info on here and don't want to go to extreme mechanically but at this stage thinking EGR block, 3" exhaust, Snorkel, maybe a chip.

So that's the background.... looking forward to your help and guidance along the way...now just to work out step 1.....
    99 GU RD2.8TD, Alloy Bullbar, UHF, 2" ironman Lift, Dual Battery, Rhino rack basket and Side awning, What's Next ????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    step 1, Took it for a drive yesterday....mmm a bit dusty and down on a bit of power....so i cleaned the MAF using the instructions on here and a lot better, so I'm thinking getting a general service, all the oils changed, filters, fuel filter, brakes adjusted, clutch adjusted and a tune up....
    So as the garage if full of boat....(next weekends job to move it) and I've only got a month to at least get it so I'm confident to go further than the end of the street...thinking get it to a local mechanic.

So first question....any one recommend a good place to take it in the SE Melb area ?

cheers
    99 GU RD2.8TD, Alloy Bullbar, UHF, 2" ironman Lift, Dual Battery, Rhino rack basket and Side awning, What's Next ????