OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $5k worth of ARB gear - how to spend it right?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Money-fishing View Post
    G'day Ben, nothing nasty. My hilux surf wasn't capable of anything but the basics.
    The majority of my 4x4ing will be done getting from 1 hunting or fishing spot to another - Ill have much more access now that i have a patrol.

I should add that the GU does already have a Redarc isolater and DB system fitted but that all.

Loving the suggestions so far!

#1 on the list is a Bull bar for us.
    - I dare say they have saved me quite a few times now. Deer and Kangaroos just seem to pop up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Feelings on the winch seem to be mixed. Anyone care to elaborate?
    Lockers are expensive items, if you can get free one's and feel you might use them in the future go for it now or you might not get the chance in the future you can always justify a bull bar and winch to the missus as a safety item

2. The Following User Says Thank You to liftlid For This Useful Post:

Money-fishing (1st September 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,509 Times in 6,604 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Ben I have to agree with Gary on this point. You have made a very valid point though and plenty of folks get complacent because their car is more capable than they are.

Given he is looking for fishing and camping I assume you hit the beach? Front Locker as a Capital Expense would be near the top of my list. Well it was second only to the lift. He has $5k so is already ahead of the game by allot.

The reason I am steering away from spending on a winch is because the market is flooded with good quality winches far far cheaper than a brand new Warn from ARB. Money better spent elsewhere.

I assume you will have some coin of your own for the build and will fit a set of 285/75/16 tyres to it. Those rims you have will be fine.

I'd still be going Lift, Front Locker and big compressor, Bullbar and side rails, fridge and slide. Then you pay for a good set of tyres and source a decent winch somewhere else.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st September 2013), Money-fishing (1st September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not usually one for being a stickler but to quote someone's statement from the previous thread

"As a small incentive, if i win ill give away $200 worth of ARB gear to one lucky voter. Simply post the vote count after you vote for me. If it matches the random number i have written down you win... simple!"

PS congratulations on winning the comp mare, well done

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He mentioned the winner in another thread Clunk
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh righteo then, my apologies ......
    Cheers Todd

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not find the thread, who won then?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,509 Times in 6,604 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh righteo then, my apologies ......
    Cheers Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by liftlid View Post
    I could not find the thread, who won then?
    Yeah i read that he was going to honour it but was having trouble figuring out who voted when. He said he had chosen a random Number, hopefully under 800 as most here voted in the 500 to 800 category and he was going to make good. Not sure he named a winner though? So good call Clunk.

If you cant find the winning voter Amile then feel free to choose a number between 500 and 800 and look again mate
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah i read that he was going to honour it but was having trouble figuring out who voted when. He said he had chosen a random Number, hopefully under 800 as most here voted in the 500 to 800 category and he was going to make good. Not sure he named a winner though? So good call Clunk.

If you cant find the winning voter Amile then feel free to choose a number between 500 and 800 and look again mate
    Maybe a new thread could be started and every body who voted can post their number, then the winning vote can be checked on fb

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Liftlid, I posted it in a thanks thread in general chat. The winning number was 279.
    The closest to this number i could find was 280, belonging to a member of this forum actually - Wazza_66.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Money-fishing For This Useful Post:

Clunk (2nd September 2013), MudRunnerTD (2nd September 2013), rusty_nail (2nd September 2013), TPC (2nd September 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Money-fishing View Post
    Hi Liftlid, I posted it in a thanks thread in general chat. The winning number was 279.
    The closest to this number i could find was 280, belonging to a member of this forum actually - Wazza_66.
    Ok thanks, does this mean you offered the $200 on other Forums as well?

Congratulations to Wazza 66, It would be great to know what are you going to spend your winnings on a ARB?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast