Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior rear view mirror attachment

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep thats what i thought. Just take the packer down to the local Bolt place or even Nissan to be honest and they will sort out a single bolt for you.

Note that your Nissan is Metric so you could likely take that to Bunnings or Repco and source a countersunk M6 or M8 bolt for it?? I dont think it will be M4

If you go to your local Repco or Supercheap they have one of those testing stations in the Unipac Bolt section with a thread of every size on t for you to check the nut and thread. Just screw it on there and find the one you need.

OR........ Go the Self Tapper! Its designed to break on impact as stated above by Winnie. So the bracket is bolted to the car and the mirror is bolted to the bracket with the weak link being the ring in the middle. As long as you can screw tight up to that you will not have a problem. You Self Tapper is unlikely to com loose if its tapped into Plastic and done tight.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly it is just a self tapper

Yep mine is broken 2, never bother to fix it. Just used the self tapered screw to screw the mirror straight to the roof never had a problem with it coming loose
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorted then. Off to bunnings it is

Cheers.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The round plastic in the center of my base broke out with the screw still in it. Will try to screw directly into the roof...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12