Thread: Toolangi

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toolangi

Anyone been to toolangi since melbourne cup weekend?
    Thinking of heading over this weekend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, yeah been many times since....

Rocky Track seems to be a walk in the park these days, eroded out a bit, first low, easy done.

Aeroplane Track was fun but I have only done it in the dry so if It's wet it would be a blast as the wash out is quite big half way up and the left side is all rutted out and you have to stick to the left....Good fun.

It's a shame the steps aren't open anymore as that would be fun!!!

As you first head into Marginal Road from Melba and you head up towards the top of the hill. At the very top of the hill as it sweep around to the right dog leg there is a track on the right which goes up to Wee Track which is fun but.....Apparently there is a pretty extreme decent track on the left which I have never done before. I heard It's a gnarly drop and would be incredible climb back up....I've never done it but check it out if you get time.

Apparently there is also a good track just off to the left as you enter Marginal as well but I always keep forgetting to look down there.

Kalatha north track is easy but a good scenic part of the bush

If It's dry and you get bored head over to Buxton way.....Some very hard tracks out that way.....Even stay on Marginal and pick and choose some tracks and if you get bored just head all the way through Marginal to the north east side of forest. I don't know that side very well but there is some good climbs and sneaky spots out there as well.

Also as you start to head down the big hill from the Kinglake turn off there is a road at the bottom heading into Kinglake Forest....Can't remember the name of the road but It's the only one at the bottom of the big hill which leads into a whole other area that a lot of people never see as they head straight into Toolangi area.

Let us know how you go and what you find...It's a rabbit warren of tracks out there and I always find new things to do out there.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Bensmooth10 (25th November 2013), MEGOMONSTER (20th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Hey mate, yeah been many times since....

Rocky Track seems to be a walk in the park these days, eroded out a bit, first low, easy done.

Aeroplane Track was fun but I have only done it in the dry so if It's wet it would be a blast as the wash out is quite big half way up and the left side is all rutted out and you have to stick to the left....Good fun.

It's a shame the steps aren't open anymore as that would be fun!!!

As you first head into Marginal Road from Melba and you head up towards the top of the hill. At the very top of the hill as it sweep around to the right dog leg there is a track on the right which goes up to Wee Track which is fun but.....Apparently there is a pretty extreme decent track on the left which I have never done before. I heard It's a gnarly drop and would be incredible climb back up....I've never done it but check it out if you get time.

Apparently there is also a good track just off to the left as you enter Marginal as well but I always keep forgetting to look down there.

Kalatha north track is easy but a good scenic part of the bush

If It's dry and you get bored head over to Buxton way.....Some very hard tracks out that way.....Even stay on Marginal and pick and choose some tracks and if you get bored just head all the way through Marginal to the north east side of forest. I don't know that side very well but there is some good climbs and sneaky spots out there as well.

Also as you start to head down the big hill from the Kinglake turn off there is a road at the bottom heading into Kinglake Forest....Can't remember the name of the road but It's the only one at the bottom of the big hill which leads into a whole other area that a lot of people never see as they head straight into Toolangi area.

Let us know how you go and what you find...It's a rabbit warren of tracks out there and I always find new things to do out there.
    Tank you Master Batty.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have the Kinglake roof top map and head into that area, I can't remember which creek crossing it is (there's only a few right near each other), one of them is a pretty steep and long climb out. If It's wet you'll be 100% winching all day as It's slippery, steep and rutted so if your Patrol is well set up then that would be a challenge but allow a couple of hours if It's wet that's for sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (20th November 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Kinglake roof top map and head into that area, I can't remember which creek crossing it is (there's only a few right near each other), one of them is a pretty steep and long climb out. If It's wet you'll be 100% winching all day as It's slippery, steep and rutted so if your Patrol is well set up then that would be a challenge but allow a couple of hours if It's wet that's for sure.
    I would love another Kinglake/Toolangi trip and not get kicked off the mountain by the organiser.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Tank you Master Batty.
    You should remember that crossing...

Remember that first time you came out and you scratched the ship out of your car along that tight track?

Remember when we crossed over the little creek and it was raining or just rained and we decided to turn around and not go up the big hill after the crossing?

Thats the one I mean.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should remember that crossing...

Remember that first time you came out and you scratched the ship out of your car along that tight track?

Remember when we crossed over the little creek and it was raining or just rained and we decided to turn around and not go up the big hill after the crossing?

Thats the one I mean.
    You mean the one where I nearly put a tree branch through my door panel.

You mean this one.
    ImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941429.381686.jpg
    ImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941452.099157.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941476.083804.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941494.964315.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941513.387998.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941547.581739.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941568.619764.jpgImageUploadedByMotorculture1384941610.553281.jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah this one...

It really looks like a pansy hill in that photo...lol....As it sweeps around to the left it just keeps going up and up and as you can see.....Zero traction!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast