OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Has a New Diesel!!! Game Changer!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nissan Has a New Diesel!!! Game Changer!

Well fingers crossed gentlemen! Bloody unlikely but wouldn't this be great!

Quote Originally Posted by The Internet in the USA

Nissan Aims At Truck Relevance With Titan-Cummins Diesel Deal

It didn’t take Nissan long to turn its poaching of Fred Diaz from Ram into a daring gambit on the product side. With his bid to use a diesel engine and a co-branding relationship with Cummins CMI -0.51% to provide new relevance to the tired Titan pick-up truck line, the new U.S. chief of Nissan sales and marketing has wasted no time in going after one of his old employer’s most important franchises.

Although he jumped to Nissan from CEO of the Ram brand only in April, Diaz already struck a deal with Cummins to provide a 5.0-liter, V-8 turbodiesel engine that will be offered as an option on the overhauled Titan that Nissan plans to introduce for the 2015 model year. It’s a different power plant than the 6.7-liter, inline-six turbodiesel that Cummins produces for Ram. But “we will definitely leverage the Cummins brand name,” a Nissan spokesman said.

The heavy-duty part of the pickup market gained new momentum a couple of years ago, before the general truck segment began catching fire this year. And for Ram, being able to offer a Cummins diesel was crucial in helping it compete with juicier heavy-duty offerings by General Motors GM -0.4% and Ford.

Now, in the annals of auto-company personnel swaps that made a big difference in a hurry, the acquisition of Diaz and his knowledge of the Cummins connection isn’t likely to prove as legendary a move as, say, when Lee Iacocca was booted from Ford. The legendary car chieftain took the minivan concept with him to Chrysler, where it remade not only the company but actually the entire U.S. auto market in the Eighties.

And it isn’t clear to what extent Nissan already may have been talking with Cummins or even considering a deal before Nissan lured Diaz.

But one thing is clear: No one in the industry understood better than Diaz what co-branding with Cummins could do for a pickup-truck brand, because he presided over the happy results at Ram.

And it would have been difficult for Nissan to have recruited anyone with more chops on the pickup front than Diaz. He presided over Ram at a key time — when it was transitioning away from being part of the Dodge brand, when Ram took opportunistic advantage of a lull by rivals and introduced a significantly overhauled version of the 1500 last year, and when Ram scored big marketing points with its evocative “Farmer” TV ad during the most recent Super Bowl.

For sure, Titan can use all the help Diaz can give it. The tired old model hasn’t been significantly revamped since it was introduced a decade ago. Titan sales dropped by 21 percent for the year to date through July compared with a year ago, while Nissan’s overall U.S. sales rose by 9 percent.

It’ll take a lot more than a Cummins engine and logo on a Titan for Nissan to make its pickup-truck brand relevant, even in a rising market, because each of the Detroit Three seems to be taking full advantage of the new lease on life being enjoyed by the pickup segment. But if Nissan has a shot, Diaz certainly is the man to take it.

Imagine a Y61 Patrol with a 5.0lt V8 Turbo Diesel!!! UMMM?? Yes Please!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Family4x4 (30th August 2014), growler2058 (30th August 2014), my third 256 (1st September 2014), rusty_nail (27th August 2013), Stropp (27th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    someone already beat you to this ons Daz........ old news now mate!!!!! lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (27th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    someone already beat you to this ons Daz........ old news now mate!!!!! lol
    yeah i saw it a few days ago on teh ipad but could not copy it here

is there a thread already Clunk? can you post a link and i will remove this thread
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yours has a pic so let it stay .

Even more exciting is its a cummins motor, who I now work for . Parts are cheaper and they are more reliable than the majority of Nissan diesels .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,427 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yours has a pic so let it stay .

Even more exciting is its a cummins motor, who I now work for . Parts are cheaper and they are more reliable than the majority of Nissan diesels .
    Surely not the TD42 though!!??!?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Surely not the TD42 though!!??!?
    Note I said majority, not all.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    yeah i saw it a few days ago on teh ipad but could not copy it here

is there a thread already Clunk? can you post a link and i will remove this thread
    leave this one up MR, as has been said, youve put up a pic, the other only had a link to a fartbook page.

and besides, I'm too lazy to go on the hunt for a thread that has probably been buried deep by now!!!!!!!1 hahahahahaha

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (27th August 2013), Stropp (27th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    need something to boost sales all the other players have 4.7 V8 diesels and up bi-turbos,
    Nissan is being left behind again
    This could well put them on top again,
    please Mr Nissan listen
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody know the specs of this 5 litre turbo V8 that cummins have and its origins ?
    The price of excellence is dicipline , the cost of mediocrity is dissapointment .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been stated that it will not reach our patrols in either y61 or y62 as apparently we are the ony ones who want a diesel everyone is happy with just a petrol they are saying no to even the v6 that's in the nav and pathfinder really why would you get a pathfinder over te patrol?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
    Such is the rule of honour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast