User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gear box gu iv auto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I paid for the same situation. Does that 4k include a new trans cooler and temp gauge?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    That's what I paid for the same situation. Does that 4k include a new trans cooler and temp gauge?
    Not sure mate. He will give me a full price soom when he has cost for all parts he said. Have to replace radiator as well it seems.

Edit : Should I ask for them?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by liveyk7; 30th August 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liveyk7 View Post
    Not sure mate. He will give me a full price soom when he has cost for all parts he said. Have to replace radiator as well it seems.

Edit : Should I ask for them?

Wouldnt hurt mate, as it will be blocked/damaged if it was a cooling issue that killed it. The temp gauge doesnt really matter either way, its just really handy to know more of whats happening in there. You would be surprised at how hot it can get and how quickly.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear. Sorry to hear. My radiator killed my auto as well (water leak). Cost me about $6k with radiator and Wholesale Extreme box. Bypassed the (brand new) radiator altogether and fitted a cooler instead. Yep, $4k is about right. Good luck.
    GU1 Auto ST4500 lpg/petrol.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warranty declined. Consequential damage arising from radiator and transmission cooling..
    I missed that word on the warranty booklet.
    Dont have $4k to spend..
    So only option is buy the used gb from wreckers and fit it in. Can manage it off within 2.5k mechanic reckons..

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That sucks mate. Hope you can find a good replacement. Where abouts are you located? Might be worth giving wholesale automatics a call (they're in Vic.)
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    That sucks mate. Hope you can find a good replacement. Where abouts are you located? Might be worth giving wholesale automatics a call (they're in Vic.)
    Hey Mate,

Im in vic. Very close to them. But called and they wanted the same amount for rebuild too. or $4.5K for heavy duty rebuild. Most likely gonna buy the 2nd hand one with 125K kms on it with a 3 month parts and labor warranty for $1100 and mechanic said rest would be about another $1.2K to replace radiator, cooler etc including costs to fit the gearbox..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to liveyk7 For This Useful Post:

taslucas (3rd September 2013)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered and paid for the second hand transmission from niss4x4.
    Came with 3 months parts and labour warranty. So hopefully this keeps me going for a while until I save up cash for a full rebuild.
    $1100 here and another $1200 for mechanic for fitting this, new cooler and radiator

I'll try and get the gauge installed if possible too.
    Most probably sell it after this. Being told by a lot of people go for toyomotas. And this wouldnt happen on them.Told them to get stuffed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liveyk7 View Post
    Ordered and paid for the second hand transmission from niss4x4.
    Came with 3 months parts and labour warranty. So hopefully this keeps me going for a while until I save up cash for a full rebuild.
    $1100 here and another $1200 for mechanic for fitting this, new cooler and radiator

I'll try and get the gauge installed if possible too.
    Most probably sell it after this. Being told by a lot of people go for toyomotas. And this wouldnt happen on them.Told them to get stuffed

Dont do it mate, dont become one of them (a toymota driver) Your patrol is still better then any of them anyways.

Whats your reasoning behind selling it if you dont mind me asking?? If its because of the auto blowing, after it gets fixed it will be as good as new and you will be letting go of a very good car, to possibly own another that does the same thing.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate..

No toyotas. Dont stress.. came from a pathfinder (fleet car) to this

I was thinking of upgrading to a crd. Most prob a 2009-2011 model.
    Ill pay a bit extra for a well maintained car and then I know its not gonna cost me more along the way.
    Most prob an ex fleet car where I can finance the extra bit from selling this.
    Spent over $6k on this already on mods.

For someone who doesnt know any mechanical stuff its hard to cope with these. While someone who knows what they are looking at will most prob make better use of this car and keep it in better shape. This had had no maintenance history from 80000kms to when I got it in April this year. Ive been changing whatever I know like oil, filters etc every 5000kms. But lack of maintenance previously and me not knowing what to get checked seems to be a downfall for me all the time ; ( and this is the first used car I bought from a dealer thinking the warranty will give me peace of mind. But its not to be.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast