Thread: 97.5kw - is that good?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97.5kw - is that good?

I have just had some work done on my ZD30 engined Di Patrol (a 2004 GUIII) to correct a warped manifold (expensive or what? $250 for a manifold gasket and $66 for the manifold to turbo gasket - scary prices) and as part of it I asked them to dyno the vehicle to check on its state of tune, AFR etc.

It seems that my Patrol puts out 97.5kw at the rear wheels. I know that dynos vary from one to another, but on the same syno a standard 4.2 turbo Patrol puts out 82kw and a 1HZ engined LandCruisr puts out 52kw (and 83kw when a DTS turbo is added and it is tuned).

My torque tops out at about 290Nm at 2200rpm and stays flat for the next 300 rpm before gradually fading to 265 at 3100 and then a little more rapidly to 230kw at 3800. All in all as flat a torque curve as I have ever seen.

Anyway, I was happy with the figure I got when compared to those vehicles, but does anyone else have any dyno figures that they can share.

BTW - my Patrol has a 2.75 inch Beaudesert Exhaust fitted and the usual NADS. i have a Steibauer chip fitted but this was turned back to zero (ie no effect at all) for these tests and the tuning.

The chip adds another 12kw when turned to 3 o'clock (you can turn it right round to 12 o'clock again for even more) and the AFR stayed within the healthy range although it was closer to the top of course -the AFR really does vary quite a bit though, depending upon the boost available and revs etc,

Peak AFR economy is at about 2600 rpm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interesting I think Mudski may have Dyno figures and I'm dying to do mine.
    Forgotten what my figures were as I'm changing all the time, but at its best now so better book it in
    See if we can begin a 120 RkW club lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    See if we can begin a 120 RkW club lol
    120 Rkw would be nice, but you'd have to wonder what was going to go bang first wouldn't you?

What in all your mods did you think made your vehicle feel more grunty? For me it was the change that the exhaust made.

I am now looking seriously at upgrading the intercooler as that should make a difference to the vehicle's longevity as well as power - cooler, denser ait is just about the only thing able to perform THAT trick.