OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you like to see accecptable recovery epuipment mandated?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes let's get it happening

27 64.29%
  • No I think self regulation is fine

15 35.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Let's Get Smart

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    Thats true. I have been driving off road for more years than I care to count, (and yes I have completed a number of accredited courses). I have come across many people who have claimed to have done likewise and I sometime cringe at their lack of knowledge and at some of the dangerous practices they employ (and more to the point pass on to others). Even on this forum people in all innocence have given dangerous advice to beginners. (Such as in one tread saying its OK to recover a vehicle using the rear hook situated below the doors on Patrols).
    Yeah I suppose it is up to the more experienced people on the forum to reply to others when they ask questions or mention practices that they've heard of and help to steer us in the right direction.......
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    I have not yet done The DAP course with QNPC but it is a requirement of our club before being allowed to join in on trips of a class 3 or higher. But I have done lot of listening to debates and my investigations into the forces and engineering of designs in recovery points to put myself at rest.

Tim
    A lot of clubs are very responsible in this regard. They make it compulsory for members to receive some sort of training before they can participate in advanced trips. Also to lead a trip - most clubs require the trip leader to have a minimum standard of training.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here! here! Darwin had it right, let nature weed out the stupid, regetably they often take the innocent with them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345