Thread: tyre pressures on road

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Over 20 years I have had in the industry. But as your signature says.
    The comment was referring to the pimply faced d1ckhead at Bob Jane T'mart (or Tosser Mart) who would have been lucky to have 20 weeks experience. I don't trade or direct insults at Forum members so no offence intended personally however I am a bit taken aback that you agree with him.

With "20 years in the industry" I would be interested to here your expert opinion (not having a shot) as I consider anyone with 20 years experience to be expert.

Please note - as in prev post I am specifically referring to the "Max inflation pressure" moulded on the tyre sidewall meaning that and nothing more as per my manufacturer references. I was NOT referring to the load and speed rating code information.

So in the interests of clarity for the discussion is it your expert opinion that it is...
    acceptable for customers to use a standard inflation pressures higher than the maximum stated by a manufacturer, and
    You or your business would have no issues with a warranty claim?

I was going to have a sig of "I'm not very smart but I know stuff" but it seemed a bit egotistical
    Last edited by the evil twin; 16th January 2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    I've always used it as a guide as all tyres are different and never had an issue with tyres wearing badly...I think stick with what works.
    I too use the 4psi as a guide and think it works!!?? Dunno, but my tyres are wearing well and eavenly im'e on 36 psi Cold
    89 GQ TD 42

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why fix what ain't broke?
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    Why fix what ain't broke?
    Spot on!! When i was running mine at 40psi cold! there was feathering on the edges of the treads, tyre shops i went too were as confused as me! even the rears were doing it! worked out 36 cold with the 4psi rule and now even wear on all!! But yeh all tyres are different.
    89 GQ TD 42

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,
    Well I ve looked around the Forum and I am even more confused now. I ve got a GQ with Maxxis Bravo 751 tyres. It says 41psi max on the tire, when I bought the car they were on 25 psi, i brought them up to 38 as I mostly do highway driving at the moment....Does that sound about right too you? Sorry I am well confused after reading this thread haha.
    Thanks
    Chris

Gert B Frobe
    When i took delivery of mine the pressures were at 46! These are Bridgestone 693 as per manufacturer.

I run them at 38 and find i get the best feel and response.

Previous to these i have used Cooper ST and ran them at 36 for on road and that seemed to be a happy medium (vehicle was a dual cab ute smaller than the wagon).

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate. I'm a newbie too!
    I recently switched to KM2' 33" and with the stiffer sidewalls than the previous Pirrelli ATR mean I am running a little softer now. 34 front, 32-36 rear depending on load.
    I also purchased a tyredog TPMS system for $175 and I can say well worth it. When you look at what tyres cost! Cheap piece of mind.
    Just got back from 4 weeks outback and met many who blew tyres from slow punctures then bang. Being able to see what the tyre temp and pressures are doing in real time is almost hypnotic. You soon learn what's working best for your rig in different condition.
    Hope this helps.

TC

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345