Thread: Headlights Automatic Turn Off

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    im not real keen in wiring it up like that 04off, just in case of emergency, or fishing on the beach and just want my headlights on and not the entire car.

You still retain the factory headlight set up, all you are doing is activating the headlight relay automatically from a different location, so now Headlights come on when IGN is on "regardless" of headlight switch position.

"But", if you turn the Headlight switch ON with the IGN OFF, the headlights will still come on just as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun 4x4 View Post
    That's why I said use you accessorie circuit and you won't need to have the ignition on, just accessory.

That's what I'll be doing anyways
    But then if you are sitting in the car waiting for someone, and decide you want to listen to the radio, your headlights will be on ! (not a good idea)
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome shaun. when you do yours can you take loads of photos so i can copy what you have done? also have you or do you know anyone from perth that is competent and knows there stuff at doing NADS instillations

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    04OFF so if the light dial is off the lights will come on ONLY when the engine is running? and not when the ignition is in the acc position? so like you say i can listen to the radio without having headlamps on? because i have a large sound system in it for base camp and with that plus headlights makes for a flat battery and even more pissed off neighbours

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    04OFF so if the light dial is off the lights will come on ONLY when the engine is running? and not when the ignition is in the acc position? so like you say i can listen to the radio without having headlamps on? because i have a large sound system in it for base camp and with that plus headlights makes for a flat battery and even more pissed off neighbours
    Correct ! ,

ACC = no headlights (unless you turn the headlights on as per normal.)

IGN = lights ON regardless of headlight switch position. (so leave headlight switch off, and they will go on and off automatically)

The set up (below) is good because it has a short delay before the lights come on, so you are not straining the battery under start conditions (bit expensive tho)

http://www.redarc.com.au/products/pr...ts-controller/
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    You still retain the factory headlight set up, all you are doing is activating the headlight relay automatically from a different location, so now Headlights come on when IGN is on "regardless" of headlight switch position.

"But", if you turn the Headlight switch ON with the IGN OFF, the headlights will still come on just as normal.

But then if you are sitting in the car waiting for someone, and decide you want to listen to the radio, your headlights will be on ! (not a good idea)
    No they wont if the lights are still turned to the of position.
    As you would cut the wire that would go from the light switch to the origanal relay.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome shaun. when you do yours can you take loads of photos so i can copy what you have done? also have you or do you know anyone from perth that is competent and knows there stuff at doing NADS instillations
    I will try to get some.

Also i dont know anyone that has done a nads install from perth.
    I am in the middle of doing my own nads install.
    I have done the catch can, boost and egt gauge.
    Gonna moniter that for a little while to see whats been going on.
    Then i will install the dawes and needle.
    If you have the same stuff i have i can guide you through it.
    Its pretty simple

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could you not run a second trigger wire from the ignition position to the headlight relay? So when your key is in off or acc, you can use the headlight stalk but when you start the car they will be on no matter the stalk position?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask anybody with an ex Telstra vehicle - except me. lol.

Our head lights automatically turn on about 10 seconds after the ignition is turned on and automatically turn off about 10 seconds after the engine is turned off.

This happens only when the light switch is in the 'OFF' position. Spotlights only work when the light switch is in the 'ON' position.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun 4x4 View Post
    I am in the middle of doing my own nads install.
    I have done the catch can, boost and egt gauge.
    Gonna moniter that for a little while to see whats been going on.
    Then i will install the dawes and needle.
    If you have the same stuff i have i can guide you through it.
    Its pretty simple
    i have VDO pyro and boost gauges, Mann Hummel catch can, Tognella needle valve and then high pressure dawes valve from america, i figure they are all pretty much the same. and just a run of the mill EGR blanking plate.

im hoping to get a cross country 4x4 intercooler next week as well, coz ive just found out my intercooler atm is leaking. so im going to try and tackle doing that myself aswell, it looks pretty straight forward.

any help or advice or fotos you have to chare would be awesome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast