Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Headlights Automatic Turn Off

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    The way is see it tho, (sorry mate, just tring to understand ) regardless of any other switches relays you may be using, the ACC circuit is "powered" while the IGN is on anyway ?, so if you have a overide switch to control the lights while the trigger/control line is powered, it would "overide"just the same powered from ACC or IGN ?

So if you are happy to have a extra "manual" overide switch as well, then surely you would wire the trigger through IGN, and now use the manual overide switch to simply bypass the whole relay "alltogether", this would effectivly return the whole system back to factory while the switch is off. (then you can have no lights in the day etc)

This way you dont have any of the downside's (such as the one you mentioned above)

You could also make it, so every time you re-start the car, it defaults back to "auto headlights" ,so you would have to manually deactivate the function off every time, then at least you cant forget to turn it on.
    Yes have the override switch in there would make both ways possible with out the draw back from one or the other.

I just believe the simplest way, in my mind is to do it the way i stated to begin with. That would work best for me.

If Royce doesn't want the lights on all the time while driving then my way work, downside is you need the key turned to acc to turn on the headlights

If he wants the lights on all the time when driving then your way works better, as then they can still be turned on when the car is off and no key is needed at all. Only down side to this is that lights can't be turned of while car is started.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun 4x4 View Post
    Royce, what exactly do you want from your head lights?
    i want my headlights to function exactly as they do, but when i leave them on accidentally when the turbo timer has finished cooling the engine down i want the lights to turn off automatically.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install a DEI 545T, night light. Has a sensor for when it starts to get dark it turns your headlights on, has a toggle switch so you can turn the unit on or off, when engine is off no lights unless you turn them on normally, when unit is turned on can turn on headlights do you have high beam...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    i want my headlights to function exactly as they do, but when i leave them on accidentally when the turbo timer has finished cooling the engine down i want the lights to turn off automatically.
    I’m in the same boat, I just want auto off headlights, leave them in the ON position all the time, when I turn off the ignition & leave the car the headlights turn off automatically within 30-60 seconds...

Win-win = no more flat battery
    Win-win = great device for country driving as outback roads should always drive with headlights on

Basically it’s a switch on & forget without the need to worry about battery draining

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234