User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 Chev Diesel owners.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for getting back to me so quick MB.

What you have recommended sounds very similar to what I have been viewing when looking at them tube vids about the 6.5 how to manage heat issues.

Yes, we already running the upgraded 130 GPM pump and fan assembly that comes with the donk set up from Brunswick .

but this looks the goods when that one wears out.... new super bling pump just out this month

also found this interesting as well

Using a restriction to divert more coolant to the radiator ...but not near that point yet, as this is just a temperamental type glitch.

So I will look at the 88C AcDelco TS’s (but need to chat with Brunswick to see what they fitted) and yes, A/M temp gauge is on the list (so thanks for validating that)

Cheers
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

MB (12th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost guaranteed Brunswick has fitted you out with 76C Tridon’s Brother!
    Good old dinosaur diesels must in my opinion now run to their specs, otherwise they waste, damage & stink
    Have never known a big diesel to appreciate running at 50-60C ish mentioned above in the old threadies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Truckus (13th February 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Almost guaranteed Brunswick has fitted you out with 76C Tridon’s Brother!
    Good old dinosaur diesels must in my opinion now run to their specs, otherwise they waste, damage & stink
    Have never known a big diesel to appreciate running at 50-60C ish mentioned above in the old threadies

@MB, I can't see these engines running at 55DegC full stop even without a T/S. There still remains the same heat load to process thru the radiator and that's what ultimately determines where the rad temp is going to sit. I have tried without great luck to get the flowrates V the throat opening specs of the tridon hiflow T/S. I have the flowrate graph against the opening size, but have not had time to conduct the trials on the lift dimension of the T/S when it has reached temp. I agree we need to be sitting at that 88degC mark for sure, only hassle being the small differential between that and say 100degC which is about the point mine used to start its temp runaway routine, ending as high as 125DegC on one occasion. I did secure some 66Deg C T/S - tridon high Flow units from BD but have not fitted them as yet, probably won't don't need them now with the ally radiator, high flow pump and elec booster fan

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (14th February 2021), Truckus (13th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW: My nuffy findings from somewhat rigorously testing OEM thermostats across 6.5 diesel Chev’s & 4.2 diesel Nissan’s has been this:
    The higher the rated OEM thermostats did not appear to make any difference to the ‘MAX’ running engine temperatures throughout a 3 season ambient temperature change test with varying speeds/loads/inclines.
    What I did personally find was the higher the rated thermostat simply brought the fluctuations down by at least half and hovering/stabilising closer to their recommendationed operating temperatures.
    Very similar characteristics between the diesel Chev’s and Nissan’s I now believe but will fully agree that the Chev’s have a greater chance of heat runaway if the complete system isn’t up to its modified into our trucks worthiness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12