Thread: The official 2013 useless stats awards

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The official 2013 useless stats awards

Here we go again, about time for the 2013 useless stats awards...

Top poster [growler2058 - 18785] Most replied to thread [The night shift] Most viewed thread [General banter] Most popular forum [General Chat]

Average 15-20 new members each day (real people, not bots or spammers as most forums have)

Average 30-40 new threads a day.

Average 500 posts a day.

14,884,404 pages have been viewed.

Top manual downloads in order...

Y62
    Y61 CRD
    GU Body dimensions

Here's a good one.....The VB anti spam program we put on a while back now blocks on average 500 people trying to register to the forum each and every day who are known spammers based on their IP or email.

Imagine not having that on here. We would now have about 50,000 members, shiploads of spam and the mods would be tearing their hair out trying to clean up all the crap...lol

Me, I would be most likely sitting in the fetal position in the corner of the room mumbling the words....No more spam, no more spam, no more spam...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

93patrol (9th August 2013), Clunk (10th August 2013), mudnut (9th August 2013), MudRunnerTD (8th August 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (10th August 2013), Woof (10th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow the Y62 manual is the most popular download! That surprises me allot!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Wow the Y62 manual is the most popular download! That surprises me allot!
    Yeah I was very surprised myself when I saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yeah I was very surprised myself when I saw that.

Do you think that is the 26posters? Or the membership grabbing it cause its there? Obviously many members would download last year the GQ or GU and might just have grabbed it cause its there? Odd?

It's not like we have a huge section dedicated to Y62 owners?? I think we might have 1 in UAE ?? Even those guys are using 4.8s??
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you think that is the 26posters? Or the membership grabbing it cause its there? Obviously many members would download last year the GQ or GU and might just have grabbed it cause its there? Odd?

It's not like we have a huge section dedicated to Y62 owners?? I think we might have 1 in UAE ?? Even those guys are using 4.8s??
    I'm finding a lot of website owners around the world are coming on here getting the 25 posts , seeing the direct URL of the manuals and posting the direct links on their sites.

I am going to have to develop something or restrict access to the URL's to only allow downloading them from this site.

So yeah the top download is not directly from members on this site.

The server is getting hammered!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm finding a lot of website owners around the world are coming on here getting the 25 posts , seeing the direct URL of the manuals and posting the direct links on their sites.

I am going to have to develop something or restrict access to the URL's to only allow downloading them from this site.

Well bugger that mate!!!!! How do you turn that off mate! That's uncool! Actually a bit pissed about that!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (9th August 2013), mudski (10th August 2013), oncedisturbed (10th August 2013), Woof (9th August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would it be like photo bucket where if you reorganise your pics all the links go out of whack?? I can't clean up my photo bucket because all the links to my build thread would be broken???

Reset the URL once a month mate! Members here only need it once and or whenever a new download is needed we just go and use the ok in the thread again.

Mate there could be sites OVerSeas linking straight here and their members are raping us mate! Shut it down or remove the manual!

Y62 manual available on request only!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

93patrol (9th August 2013), oncedisturbed (10th August 2013), Woof (9th August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong Andy but the Y62 manual would not affect your server. As far as I remember you never hosted that manual on the server and only had a link to another website?????
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah I put it in here mate and we got hammered.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (10th August 2013)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Y62 manual available on request only!