User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ballarat

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kryal castle is open and worth a look, plenty to do and see around here but I hope you got your winter gear its been very cold lately,
    they have been filming a tv show in town could be interesting.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we made it!!! was a bit bumpy coming over last night.managed to get to the queen vic' markets this morning,even though the bloody gps was having trouble tracking the satellite (because of the tall buildings maybe???) and then had a pretty good drive up to ballarat.going to check out the local 4x4 shops tomorrow,i have even spotted a 4x4 wreckers up here as well,might duck in there as well!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tassie wombat View Post
    we made it!!! was a bit bumpy coming over last night.managed to get to the queen vic' markets this morning,even though the bloody gps was having trouble tracking the satellite (because of the tall buildings maybe???) and then had a pretty good drive up to ballarat.going to check out the local 4x4 shops tomorrow,i have even spotted a 4x4 wreckers up here as well,might duck in there as well!!
    Hope you had a cabin with beds if it was that bumpy coming across. I don't think it would be great trying to sleep in the seats.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep had a cabin,got Bugger all sleep though !

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you made it without getting your feet wet.
    Were the swells as big a the forecast an if so how did the ship ride
    Reason for asking we are heading to Tas in a couple of weeks for three months and the missus does get a bit funny in rough seas.
    Was it a short choppy sea or just a big rolling swell.
    Hope you enjoy your self on the big island

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The boat rode pretty good mate,not sure what size the seas got to though,definetly get a cabin though,I couldn't imagin sitting in a deck chair! Just pop a couple of travacalm pills half hour before sailing and there shouldn't be any probs'.if your down my mate your welcome to call in for a chat/beer or if you need tool to service your car etc.cheers, Dave.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave
    Will be down your way some time as we have plenty of time(well maybe) will possibly take 4 to5 weeks to do the east coast .
    Have to spend a week or two in Hobart at the in-laws then down to Cockle Creek for a few days then slowly head north and to the west as the weather gets warmer
    Hope to catch up
    Pearcey

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the missus and kids for a drive to glenrowan today,had a good time.,coming home this arvo,got detoured by Seymour,bad crash from what I heard on the news.havnt seen many patrols getting around,don't you fellas like driving them when its wet ? Just kidding!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi TW,

Just saw this thread as I've had limited connection. Lots to do in Ballarat, as mentioned Kryal Castle (reopened), Sovereign Hill, wildlife park etc. Art gallery is worth a look and Creswick was the home of the famous Lindsay family, lots of their paintings in the gallery. Ballarat is an old gold mining city and has some historic buildings. Not sure what you're looking to do there but plenty of nice areas within a few hours drive.
    I'm in Cairns at the moment and won't be back down for a few weeks yet, apparently it's pretty cold and wet at the moment but being from Tas you would be used to that.
    Enjoy the trip.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday mate,yeah weather is pretty crap at the moment,apparently its worse here than back home,but still having a good time.have done a bit of driving since we set off,about 1500 kms so far,had a trip back down near Melbourne on Monday to a suburb called Brooklyn I think? To niss 4x4 wreckers,heaps of stuff there! Also called past all the 4x4 shops in the area ,all very friendly,except 1 anyway! Tuesday drove to dayrlsford for a look,then kept driving to maldon,then to castlemaine,and ended up going through to Bendigo ! Wednesday went to the creswick woolen mill and brought a possum beanie ( bloody warm,but it would want to be for $60 !) Then went for a game of golf at the gold rush mini golf,had a look at the mill market and also checked out the gift shop near them both as well.Thursday didn't do much,took the boy shopping for his 5th birthday and then took him to hogs breath for tea,very friendly staff there ! Tommorow heading into aldi first up to pick up some of there seat covers and deep floor mats,then heading to kyral castle for the rest of the day.cheers,wombat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast