Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camera preference

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just be careful with ebay stuff, as they are "grey Imports" and sellers dont offer an australian warranty.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (8th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    just be careful with ebay stuff, as they are "grey Imports" and sellers dont offer an australian warranty.
    True mate, but I was refering to 'pre loved gear' sold in Australia. Many second hand cameras are just as good as a brand new one.

But I still love my nice Nikon D800. Ok cost a fourtune but does everything I want.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Canon 600D twin lens kit for a good price and it takes some amazing pics

Thanks
    Thanked 7,983 Times in 3,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    We bought a Canon 600D twin lens kit for a good price and it takes some amazing pics
    That is what I am looking at, I like the sound of the image stabilizing lenses and good price.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    That is what I am looking at, I like the sound of the image stabilizing lenses and good price.
    I cant fault it. Even when left on the automatic setting. I picked it up a year ago for $800 after talking them down so id say they would be a bit cheaper now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meh For This Useful Post:

TPC (9th August 2013)

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important things are budget, how they feel in your hands and what are you going to use it for.

Consider second hand stuff, people upgrade as soon as Canikon bring new models out, just so they can have the latest gear.The market is awash with good secondhand bodies. Good glass is imperative, no point having a 2 grand body with a jam jar in front of it.

How big are your hands? Could you cope with using a small body like the Nikon d3200 for example. Would the camera feel right.

If you just want some shots of the familly and holidays, there are some very good bridge cameras and point n shoots on the market.

If you get a DSLR and all the associated crap, would you take it all with you? I sometimes can`t be bothered and just take my p n s.

You don`t need the best gear available to take decent shots, learn now to use what you get,loads of advice on You Tube/internet forums etc etc.
    It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use just a basic camera its a FUJI FINE PIX S4000 does every thing I need how ever, when I get a bit more money I will be getting a better up market camera.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody have a preference for a newby getting their first DSLR camera? A bit of an open question - just like...what are the best tyres? lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Does anybody have a preference for a newby getting their first DSLR camera? A bit of an open question - just like...what are the best tyres? lol
    Hey Rossco, been conversing with Ajoz as he's into photography and he's suggested the Nikon D3200 as an entry level SLR. Going to suss em out today, great lookin piece of kit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (10th August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i've just had a lesson on cameras from the pro's at the Photographic wholesalers,
    Jeesh i thought buying a camera would be easy, but couldnt of been happier with the information and advice recieved.
    Went in to look at a few different kits and now left scratching my head, what do i really want, what to do lol.
    Looked at the Nikon D3200 DSLR, top lookin unit which gives an excellent picture, but limited on zoom unless i spend extra $$$ which breaks budget.
    Also the Canon 700D DSLR as the 650D is now no more, also a great lookin unit and excellent pic, but again limited zoom unless extra $$$ spent.
    Then came the Canon power shot SX50, another top unit with a great pic, and the zoom far exceeds the above, but compramises on pic quality depending how pedantic you are,
    Then the Lumix FZ200, pretty much on the same level as the Canon Power shot. Both of which you can NOT add to if you get bored with what you got, were as you can always add to the DSLR.
    All top units with in budget. which i would be more than happy with.
    Then comes the curve ball, The quality of the DSLR's with the zoom of the other 2,
    The Olympus OMD - EM5, Better pic than the Canon power shot and the lumix FZ200, but better zoom than the DSLR's.....Bam there goes the budget.
    What to do, i thought i wanted a DSLR, but i want good zoom so i can catch that lizard on a rock from afar so to speak.
    mmmmmmmm guess i will have to give this a bit more thought, hope this helps a few out there in the market for a camera but like me, know very little about cameras, but was a great little lesson from the bloke at the store that really knew his Shiz.

Cheers
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast