Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera preference

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera preference

Hi guys / Gals, Looking at getting a 1/2 decent camera. Know theres some pretty handy fellas out there with cameras and they get some really great shots. Looking at getting a Samsung NX20 and just wondering if anyone has had anything to do with them or have heard any reports on them. Also wondering what your prefence with cameras would be and why ????

Cheers Pete
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stranger, hope all is well with u and the fam

I have never used Samsungs camera's but after a quick read on the net the one you looking at gets marked high

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...g_nx20_review/

I am a Cannon guy, why............. grew up with using my old mans Cannon 35mm SLR camera, and it coped a lot of punishment from me on 4wd trips, took a hell of a lot for me to destroy it...............old man wasn't very impressed!

Hopefully one of the guys on here that take pics all the time will see this post pop up and give you some advise

Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (6th August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My preference is my Pentax, but that's because its the only one I have and all my lenses fit it hahaha

I bought mine 2nd hand from America, Racked up many thousands of clicks since then
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Hi Stranger, hope all is well with u and the fam

I have never used Samsungs camera's but after a quick read on the net the one you looking at gets marked high

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...g_nx20_review/

I am a Cannon guy, why............. grew up with using my old mans Cannon 35mm SLR camera, and it coped a lot of punishment from me on 4wd trips, took a hell of a lot for me to destroy it...............old man wasn't very impressed!

Hopefully one of the guys on here that take pics all the time will see this post pop up and give you some advise

Cheers

Toddie
    Hey Toddie, all good here mate, all work no play hahahahahaha, Hope alls good with you Erin and the terrors mate.
    All the reviews i have been reading all seem to be from sellers, so just chasing an honest opinion.
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don`t know anything about the Samsungs, so can`t help i`m afraid.
    It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild98 View Post
    Hey Toddie, all good here mate, all work no play hahahahahaha, Hope alls good with you Erin and the terrors mate.
    All the reviews i have been reading all seem to be from sellers, so just chasing an honest opinion.
    The one in my link is not from a Seller

It also has a comments tab that shows comments from the public
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im a canon person myself but in this day and age and not reading the link I cannot see any problems with the Samsung or any other camera for that matter I know with my canon the lens selection goes as far as how wide you can open your wallet. but as far as pixels and that not much difference I say purchase away.kev
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it comes down to preference, this is the camera I bought

http://www.cnet.com.au/pentax-k20d-339285396.htm

I like that this camera has inbuilt shake reduction, can take a multitude of lenses including older ones (buy adapter ring and run the manual m42 lenses) Has weather seals across the whole body so can be used in rain etc, obviously not waterproof under water but great to use in dusty or wet conditions.

I guess your best bet is if you are buying new to research brands across your price range BUT don't rule out buying 2nd hand, you might get a higher spec camera around the same price albeit not being new.
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trekster For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (6th August 2013)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it probably depends on what you really want to do with a camera ?..do you want one smaller and more portable , then most brands have top cameras in this area..if you want semi professional then a SLR would be better but more bulky and with heaps of attachments....I have a Nikon D40 SLR with all the lenses etc ...I like to take night shots and inside shots without the flash...more natural...I bought the Nikon because it is all they make in this area so hence I felt their technology is more dedicated as opposed to brands that also make other products...I had a small canon once...it was a good camera and could take a beating (to a certain extent)...phones these days take just as good a shot as the small ones now so if you want to get better especially with the large lenses etc then I would recommend a SLR ...cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    x 2 with Menace a bit, wouldn't you buy a camera with high MPs, for close up work phones aren't too bad, I still
    have dads Pentax SLR x70 I think it has never been used, I have a small Olympus unit heavy for size, but tend to use phone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast