User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YNOT's GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shots Tony, make sure you post that GQ up here when your selling it mate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, nice rig tony... thats about what I would like in my new one.... How is the snake suspension?? looked at their mega lift kit and seems to be perfect for what i need....

Looking at a 2006 GUIV ... how is the auto box???? not sure whether to go manual or auto.... I'm also not sure if the 06 3.0l can choose between 5sp auto or just 4sp auto....

My old 86 lux is manual and seem to have problems in the sand out here.... So much sand...... shifting can be a nightmare from 2nd to 3rd but the new turbo should sort that out.....

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks WACA.
    The snake racing springs and shocks were second hand (about 2 months old) when I got them, and this is the 3rd Patrol I've put them in.
    The kit works really well, half a meter of travel at the back (and that's with the sway bar fitted) and 300mm at the front. You need to fit more than just springs and shocks, also need extended brake lines and diff breathers, drop control arms or drop boxes, adjustable panhards and drag link.
    I got the suspension with the idea of fitting 35's, but have changed my mind and stuck with 33's. The 5 inch lift is far higher than what I need for 33's, so I will be taking the lift out soon.

My previous 3 Patrols were manual, this is my first auto. For the sort of technical off roading that I do the auto is far superior to a manual. So much easier to feed the power in smoothly to ease over obstacles. Auto's are great on sand too, but I don't do much sand driving.
    5 speed auto is only available with 4.8 litre petrol engine.
    Last edited by YNOT; 17th December 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my other toy, "Nugget". Not a Patrol but still a Nissan.

I still have to replace tyres and windscreen before I can get Nugget registered.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuggett looks to be a trusty 6 cylinder version?? 3.0 or thereabouts litres weren't they?? Or is it the smaller 4 cylinder (2.8 litre???). I had a 3.0 litre 97 model (bought and sold new if you get my meaning!! lmfao), but for the life of me can't recall a thing about it except what it lacked in capability, it made up for in wheelspin!!! lololol ...

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2.7 litre turbo diesel.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ... I'll shut up then (no I won't!!) ... I had the petrol 3.0 ltre 6 as I recall ... same shape as yours (not sure of when the shape changed from the 2 door with the little triangular shaped quater glass in the middle - my old man had one of them, and loved it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12