Thread: Border Track / Little Desert N/P, Oct long weekend 2011

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Border Track / Little Desert N/P, Oct long weekend 2011

Howdy,
    This is a general heads-up for any Vics or Sth Aussies or any others headin to Border Track / Little Desert N/P this long weekend.
    There will be 5 of us from ET 4wd Club ( only 3 patrols tho) hangin around the place, we will be easy to spot as my green truck ( see avatar) will be the navigation/recovery vehicle for the weekend, you will probably hear it before you see it!!
    We will be chattin on Channel 15 UHF so if ya in the area yell out and we'll come and say gday...........Oh and one of the boys from the southern chapter did some reccy for us last w/end and found some real knarly stuff that aint been tried before, so we have some new tracks to have a go at!!!

See ya when im lookin at ya!

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -ET 4wd- View Post
    Howdy,
    This is a general heads-up for any Vics or Sth Aussies or any others headin to Border Track / Little Desert N/P this long weekend.
    There will be 5 of us from ET 4wd Club ( only 3 patrols tho) hangin around the place, we will be easy to spot as my green truck ( see avatar) will be the navigation/recovery vehicle for the weekend, you will probably hear it before you see it!!
    We will be chattin on Channel 15 UHF so if ya in the area yell out and we'll come and say gday...........Oh and one of the boys from the southern chapter did some reccy for us last w/end and found some real knarly stuff that aint been tried before, so we have some new tracks to have a go at!!!

See ya when im lookin at ya!

Steve.
    How far down you coming Steve???.............. As in how deep into Vic will you be???

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    How far down you coming Steve???.............. As in how deep into Vic will you be???
    Hey patch,
    Im hopin to come down the border fence from the top corner of the park ( Bordertown end) until we hit 'East/West Track' and then head east.
    Im hopin in the end to be at the minimum comin out at Nhill, but if i can get further down and the boys are keen then we will push further down. Have ya been there patch?..if so do ya know of any good knarly tracks in there?
    Mainly goin for a look around as we aint been that far in before and all we have done is the border track part ( runs along the SA/Vic border) to the end, then down the southern break track to mount moffat track and then up that and back to the highway.
    Hopin to push further and see what it has to offer!

Steve.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont forget the piccies, for those of us stuck at work !!!
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Dont forget the piccies, for those of us stuck at work !!!
    I got stacks of them............... He's talking about my playground here.

Dimboola backs right onto the Little desert.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patch697 For This Useful Post:

katwoman (30th September 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -ET 4wd- View Post
    Hey patch,
    Im hopin to come down the border fence from the top corner of the park ( Bordertown end) until we hit 'East/West Track' and then head east.
    Im hopin in the end to be at the minimum comin out at Nhill, but if i can get further down and the boys are keen then we will push further down. Have ya been there patch?..if so do ya know of any good knarly tracks in there?
    Mainly goin for a look around as we aint been that far in before and all we have done is the border track part ( runs along the SA/Vic border) to the end, then down the southern break track to mount moffat track and then up that and back to the highway.
    Hopin to push further and see what it has to offer!

Steve.
    I was just taking a look at SA public holidays & they don't coincide with Vic's but I'd be keen to catch you while your down this way.

Im in Dimboola & I don't mind taking a run out to Nhill if it helps.

Drop me a PM if you need any help with Maps...... I just happen to have a region 17.
    Last edited by patch697; 30th September 2011 at 03:03 AM.