OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's better, Mitre Saw, Compound Mitre Saw, Slide Compound Saw or Table Saw

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rebuilt my entire house and I used a bosch compound slide 10". It cost me around $300.00. The only thing I would suggest is make sure you get a double shaft saw. Laser lights are wank factor as they get dust on them and don't work. Unless you are going to be making furniture etc. a cheapy will do your needs fine.
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Bit of overkill ya rekon mate?
    No such things as overkill *L*

Probable stick to Bosch or Markita as I should still be able to get a staff discount from when I use to work for a tool shop
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve4wdin View Post
    I rebuilt my entire house and I used a bosch compound slide 10". It cost me around $300.00. The only thing I would suggest is make sure you get a double shaft saw. Laser lights are wank factor as they get dust on them and don't work. Unless you are going to be making furniture etc. a cheapy will do your needs fine.
    Steve
    So when you coming around for a beer and a playing with my new compound slide??????

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    So when you coming around for a beer and a playing with my new compound slide??????
    Is that what you call it these days? Lmao
    Hello from Under Down Under!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (3rd August 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (3rd August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Is that what you call it these days? Lmao
    I thought you guys would twist my words into it meaning something dirty

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate as a builder I have a hitachi 10 inch sliding compound saw and love it! It is ten years old and still cuts as accurate as the day I bought it. They are about $850 new now (I paid $1095). Has a 300 draw, cuts 95 deep, 45 deg left, 55 deg right, saw leans over on both sides to 45 deg. One of the best tools I have ever bought. It gets used all the time and being belt driven places less strain on the motor because if the blade jambs the belt will slip and not ruin the motor.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 89gqpatrol4x4 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (3rd August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89gqpatrol4x4 View Post
    Mate as a builder I have a hitachi 10 inch sliding compound saw and love it! It is ten years old and still cuts as accurate as the day I bought it. They are about $850 new now (I paid $1095). Has a 300 draw, cuts 95 deep, 45 deg left, 55 deg right, saw leans over on both sides to 45 deg. One of the best tools I have ever bought. It gets used all the time and being belt driven places less strain on the motor because if the blade jambs the belt will slip and not ruin the motor.
    Yep I had 2 hiatachi 10" saws mounted into 4m cross cut benches and also a big dewalt. The Hiatachis would get used 6hours a day constantly and did a great job.

When I shut the business I sold one and kept one and now have a mobile bench I can mount it into which I rate highly too.

Can't go wrong. Great machine. I have had a good play with a Makita though and liked it allot.

Whatever you buy make sure it has 2 rails in the slide rather than a single slide shaft. I think logically they are better.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regardless of which saw you buy it will fit into one of these and I highly recommend this if you"d prefer to stand and cut like me

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi...d=160856528179
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yep I had 2 hiatachi 10" saws mounted into 4m cross cut benches and also a big dewalt. The Hiatachis would get used 6hours a day constantly and did a great job.

When I shut the business I sold one and kept one and now have a mobile bench I can mount it into which I rate highly too.

Can't go wrong. Great machine. I have had a good play with a Makita though and liked it allot.

Whatever you buy make sure it has 2 rails in the slide rather than a single slide shaft. I think logically they are better.
    Agree totally and say the same with regards to the two slide rails. When I was at collage we used dewalt saws and they seemed good but were a little bulky. Never used a Makita slide saw myself but most of the rest of my gear is Makita and you can't really go wrong with that brand.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will look at the Hitachi as well as I know they sell them at the shop

Thanks for the advice guys

Daz why did you sell up if you don't mind me asking???

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast