Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Rhino trays?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention I think it has a sticker on it saying it has a carrying capacity of 150kgs. I will confirm the carrtying capicity tomorrow if you like.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Drew go to Aldis they are selling Rhino copies Bars and basket' exactly the same
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I picked up a 2nd hand rhino rack a few nights ago and already love the versatility of it. Means I can keep the 3 bars on the roof at all times and still be able to park in me garage, then only fit the alloy cage when I really need it. Oh and I got on top of it while the cage was still on today and it held my 110kg bulk nicely......... pretty damn sturdy things for sure.

Edit: PS it also means that I no longer need another person to help me when fitting to tray, its light enough for a one person lift then slide it into position before bolting it on.
    Last edited by Clunk; 24th August 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the alloy basket shown in the first post. it is mounted on three bars (I have a fourth that I use for the rearward opening awning) and it has been around Australia twice including drives down the GRR, across the Simmo, up the Cape, along lots of other off road highways and tracks.

It is loaded up with an awning and a shovel holder on opposite sides and a second spare wheel (using one of Rhino's spare wheel carriers) as well as firewood and a heap of other stuff depending upon our travelling configuration etc.

It has never cracked or loosened or broken or done anything other than its job. I did assemble it using Locktite on all bolts though.

Recommended.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeker For This Useful Post:

threedogs (26th August 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys
    Ive doing the same as Drewbouaus and looking at all types of luggage racks for my GQ. Black widddow, ARB ,Rhino are all good alloy racks but $1000-$1500 depending on the one you want and where you get it. Ive decided to get one from Pinnacle Wholesalers. They look almost identical to the ARB ones and only $400 + freight. I am willing to take the chance. Does anyone know about these or have they purchased one? Mine will be doing an outback trip to central Qld next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12