Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloodyaussie's GQ

G'day , I thought I would just start my own thread to do with my GQ as I am always stuffing about with it or breaking it or fixing it....

I have had my Patrol for 18 months now and I love it, Irish got me onto the Patrol way of thinking as I had a Hilux before this but it was a slug and only 2 seats and when hunting it was like trying to fit to gorillas into a tuna can..

I have never loved any car I have owned until now??

Most know I have been stuffing about with front locker of late and as of last weekend I finally fitted up my new air locker thanks to help from George Irish and Mudski.

I did not post straight away about this as I was ironing out some bugs but it is all sorted.

I started stripping out the donor car for parts to make the build a bit easier and quicker but we still ended up going over time by a day....

Irish came early and started fitting my rear LED light strip on the barn door and soon after both George and Mudski turned up and started getting stuck into the locker and hubs.

I had mounted the wiring and compressor days before and all tests looked good.

It turned into a much longer day than planned (usually do) and after George dialed in 2 front diffs (mine and Mudski's) it was 9.30pm and I still had to install it all so after George left I stayed in the garage another hour sorting out a few things and then called it quits.

Next morning I installed the fitting for the airline into the diff and then realised quickly I had no chance to get the bloody thing in by myself... Mudski also had troubles at his house with his install so we worked to get both our problems sorted before going our separate ways and carrying on with our builds.

I ran into a couple little problems that put me back even further but by late in the day I had it all back together.. I went for a quick test drive down to Georges workshop and it felt terrible??

George and I had a test around the back streets and things did not feel right and the compressor was not shutting off??

Things started to settle down over the next day or 2 and I ironed out some of the little problems during the week.

The compressor was a simple fix after some trouble shooting and today I went down to the local sloppy paddock near the bus depot and tested everything properly for the first time and it all worked perfect...

I cant wait to test it all in the real world.. thanks to the boys for coming around and helping as I could not have done this on my own.... cheers guys!!!!!

Update of some work done

Thought I would do an update on this page as a quick reference.

In the last year or so I have had a lot of things done and some big changes made.

First thing was a problem I had with a massive flat spot at 2000 rpm that drove me mad, after many things tried (all the usual stuff ) in the end it was the ECU full of water.

I have had the engine out and had the head welded and crack tested and a brand new cam installed (a present from George and Billy) which has changed my power to higher in the rev range.

Has taken a bit of getting use to but I do like it.

I have fitted a new Ci clutch and changed the gearbox but that has turned into a big mistake as it has had more leaks than a siv ... so next is to fix that and replace all bearing and seals and look into syncro's.

George does most of the work on my car now a days and I get a lot of help from Mudski in the way of parts and also all the good will of those members on here.

There is a lot more and will try and update as it comes to me.

Here are some pics over time as my car has changed

Last edited by Bloodyaussie; 6th May 2014 at 04:51 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

AB (25th July 2013), Alitis007 (25th July 2013), Clunk (25th July 2013), mudnut (25th July 2013), PMC (9th January 2014), Swazi (17th November 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah a big, BIG thanks to George. Albeit bloody freezing it was a good day. Say thanks to your better half mate for cooking dinner too. Ill have to find some dirt on the weekend to test out my locker.

-----------------
    I tapped that app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Alitis007 (25th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BA I have moved this over 2 the members rides section.

Things I have 2 look forward 2 when I do my rebuild, which I had a carport like that
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice one Jonathan.

The boys did good again.

Now to the man who likes to punch blokes in the Nek!! Mate! Game on I say! Everyone must punch Jonathan's drivers door or quarter panel every time we see your car!!! Love your Rego number mate! NEK 046. So is that 46 punches in the Nek?
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 26th July 2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PMC (9th January 2014), Stropp (2nd August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did the new rotors go?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    How did the new rotors go?

Yeah good mate.... still breaking them in a bit but will go a bit more harder breaking tomorrow..

Oh and thanks for the beer Drew... forgot to give half the slab to Irish before he left.. having one now and it confirms that I am a glass man, cans suck!!!!!

Daz shut up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (25th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyaussie View Post
    forgot to give half the slab to Irish before he left.. having one now and it confirms that I am a glass man, cans suck!!!!!

Daz shut up
    A cunning plan.....And get yourself a frockn glass........
    Only time I drink beer from the can is on camp.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now this is all done BA, lets organise a time to clean up your place. I really fell for ya missus having to put up with the car parts everywhere. I got a trailer, you got a trailer, well two, we'll fill'em up. Just feed me a few beaters and i'm there.
    And I agree there with you mate. Beer in a can is crap!
    Also I didn't take any photo's of my build as I was on my lonesome the whole time. Just me and all my mate.
    Last edited by mudski; 25th July 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Now this is all done BA, lets organise a time to clean up your place. I really fell for ya missus having to put up with the car parts everywhere. I got a trailer, you got a trailer, well two, we'll fill'em up. Just feed me a few beaters and i'm there.
    And I agree there with you mate. Beer in a can is crap!
    Also I didn't take any photo's of my build as I was on my lonesome the whole time. Just me and all my mate.
    No shit mate..... thats why I want to quickly wreck out the donor car and get this place cleaned up.. I am sick of looking at it all.

Irish will store a bit of the stuff we are keeping and the thought of keeping the donor car to build up a serious toy has played with my mind??

I start the kitchen this weekend so thats another distraction ........?

Beer in cans sucks!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Thought you already had a gulf thread though? If you do the. Latke know and I will combine this into that for you.
    No members ride thread that I can find Daz.

BA, If you already have one can you post the link here so we can merge them together

Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast