OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runva 9,500 Comp winch or 12,000lb Standard?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Runva 9,500 Comp winch or 12,000lb Standard?

Just a bit lost on which winch I want to go to, was not overly happy with my Warn XD9000 recently and wanted a 12,000lb winch so I am selling the Warn but not sure if I want the 9,500lb Comp winch from Runva with a potential 10HP + or their Standard 12,000lb. I was leaning towards the 12k but 110:1 Sounds yumm as does 10.7HP

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Runva-4x4...33cf135&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Runva-4x4...3c953ad&_uhb=1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I will be going with the 12000lb rope winch.
    Are you planning on wiring it up using 24v to get the 10+ horses out if the motor on the 9500lb comp winch.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I'll go a triple battery system which was always my plan, run 2 crankers in series in the engine bay then a 12v to 12v charger will be set up in the rear to a deep cycle hidden under my drawer system (Saves running massive cables from front to rear) But I am thinking the Comp winch.. I mean it has more pull than a Warn Hi mount, more than 2x as much horsepower slightly lower line rate But 3x Cheaper and I have watched videos of it genuinely being used it comps since I posted this which really pushes me towards the comp winch.. Love my current Warn but its hectic slow 230:1 or something like that

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brw1994 View Post
    Yeh I'll go a triple battery system which was always my plan, run 2 crankers in series in the engine bay then a 12v to 12v charger will be set up in the rear to a deep cycle hidden under my drawer system (Saves running massive cables from front to rear) But I am thinking the Comp winch.. I mean it has more pull than a Warn Hi mount, more than 2x as much horsepower slightly lower line rate But 3x Cheaper and I have watched videos of it genuinely being used it comps since I posted this which really pushes me towards the comp winch.. Love my current Warn but its hectic slow 230:1 or something like that
    But how are you Sorting your 24v?

Are you running a second Alternator to charge 24v? and isolate 2 of those batteries for your Winch only? Sorry maybe i read your description wrong?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up the EWX12000 rope winch for $650 with free delivery from Tough4x4.
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 23rd July 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I don't know yet I know I'd have to run 2 alternators but I guess if I get the comp winch I'll see how it goes first.. however knowing me I'll want the 24v's because the grass is always greener on the other side haha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeh I don't know yet I know I'd have to run 2 alternators but I guess if I get the comp winch I'll see how it goes first.. however knowing me I'll want the 24v's because the grass is always greener on the other side haha

If your keen on the 24v then you will need a 24v system on the car. If your happy to run 3 batteries (which you will need to) then leave the cranking battery in the engine bay for 12v and then fit a second alternator to charge your 24v system.

Run the cable into the back where your 2 batteries are setup for 24v and then run that back to the winch. If you want to run other accessories off those batteries then buy a 24v to 12v inverter.

Be aware though if you run a 12v winch motor on 24v it will be wicked! But! Winching out will not be good for the motor and you will burn it out quickly. Free spool it your friend. Or hook up a second solenoid to he winch motor and winch out via 12v

Winch in will be Awesome though! Running 24v through a 12v motor is a Massive upgrade over running a 24v motor.

You should see a HiMount 6hp running 24v through it! Holy Sh1t! On my list of future mods. Just bought the welder, own enough 70mm wire to run to the back, just need the time and an alternator now! Will be Sick!

Hope that helps some
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 23rd July 2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

brw1994 (23rd July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up picking up a 2nd hand high mount for $500 last week got a new 4.6hp motor bottom end seals brake rebuild kit total cost $1200 fully rebuilt with breather lines Oil fill and drain plugs etc stoked!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ended up picking up a 2nd hand high mount for $500 last week got a new 4.6hp motor bottom end seals brake rebuild kit total cost $1200 fully rebuilt with breather lines Oil fill and drain plugs etc stoked!
    good stuff mate, there are a few mods to do to them to make em tuff. Pin hte free spool is a certainty if its not done already and easy for you to do yourself mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bother Mego, but is that into a standard Nissan winch bar?
    Was told that there is an issue getting a 12000 in as it needs some rework near the chassis. Definitely the one i want, but worried about the hassle if any.
    Any help appreciated.
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...
    "I don't get bogged, I have unplanned 4WD training activities..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast