Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB bullbar and side rails

Hi all,
    We approached our local ARB dealer in Geelong looking for a bullbar with side rail protection for our 2010 ST Patrol and they said they won't fit side protection to this model because of the air conditioner or something, yet I have seen a couple of models with side rails on the bar. Anyone heard of this?
    Thanks,
    Em

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has something to do with airbag compliance......probably side airbags.
    I would imagine the vehicles you have seen the protection on may not have side airbags......

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 as above may be the case, though I have a 09 and have brush bars fitted and maybe look into if you have side airbags.

Or if you realy want the brush bars regardless Buy the bull barand get it fitted then buy the brush bars and fit yourself.
    Just bare in mind it would take a hell of an impact to set off the bags with the brush bars fitted(if you have them).
    I was told airbags don't usually go off till above 65kph

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2011 GU8 ST and I am getting scrub bars and side steps fitted by ARB. They have made no mention of this but I'm pretty sure I don't have side airbags. I'll check tomorrow.
    The side airbags would have to come out between the driver/ rear door pillar. Cos it sing coming out the windscreen pillar.
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 22nd July 2013 at 02:15 AM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Emm,

In the case of your 2010 ST Patrol the air conditioning line runs along the chassis, interfering with the middle side step mount. As each vehicle varies slightly, some individual vehicles may have enough of a gap to make the installation possible, but the majority do not.

We are in the process of redeveloping the side steps to overcome this but at this stage have no dates this will be available.

Cheers,
    Cass
    ARB 4x4 Accessories Head Office

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ARB 4x4 Accessories For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd July 2013), BigRAWesty (22nd July 2013), Drewboyaus (22nd July 2013), emm (17th September 2013), NewDan (26th July 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (22nd July 2013), rusty_nail (22nd July 2013), Stropp (22nd July 2013), YNOT (22nd July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    Fantastic to see a major manufacture/supplier taking the time to explain something like this, thanks Cass.
    X2, u said almost the same thing I said to my wife when seeing the post.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.