Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New product review section

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would also like to think this forum could be a positive thing.

Ironman have been on here lately and have recently employed an online marketing person who proactively visits this forum and many others to keep on top of their feedback and what customers think of their products and or services.

Just the other day a disgruntled member mentioned their dissatisfied experienced with a certain branch of a company. Management jumped on this forum, explained the situation and how it all works, etc and was also proactive in fixing the problem.... I personally sat back on my chair and said....Well done, I have a lot more respect for that company now.

If you run a business then you should be open and willing to hear all kinds of feedback.

If you run a business and want it to succeed with the online world being so powerful then you should be proactive like this person has done and be all over it like a rash.

I'm happy to see how this unfolds.....It will be a good test to both businesses and to our members in how they conduct themselves.

A message to our members...Please ensure your comments are very well justified before you post anything and lets not look at this forum as a negative area to unleash your rants!

Growler above just posted how satisfied he was with a product. I have a Lokka too....Best thing I have ever done to my Patrol. I can crawl up anything now without needing to hit it hard in second gear to get momentum!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (20th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a snorkel off them. The tubing was pretty average and didnt fit with my engine but.....
    The rest of it was great. Template was good all other bits there and looks great.

I boycotted for a while but im pretty sure i'll be back
    '92 (MIGHTY) GQ ST 3.0L Duel Petrol / LPG, 2" Pedders Suspension Lift on 33x12.5x15 BigHorns
    Lukey 2.5" Performance Exhaust with Extractors, snorkel
    Auto Lokka In The Front, Duel Batteries, Stiff Deep Dish Steering Wheel,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nissan Patrol

Should I expect more from a car manufacturer?

I recently bought a new 2013 GU9 ST Patrol from a dealer in Perth. Firstly let me say I have been very happy with the dealer and I feel sorry for the rep who has been very helpful. Now for Nissan. This car was sold as a value pack and came fitted with Alloy Bull Bar, tow bar, floor mats, spot lights, sat nav. It was delivered to the dealer like this.

1. There are obvious scratches on the top flat surfaces of the bull bar. The dealer tried to polish them all out, missed a few, but will sort the rest on first service
    2. There was a grease spot bout the size of a 20cent piece on the carpet of the rear passenger foot well. It was covered with the rear mat and only noticed it when I lifted the mat to vacuum it.
    3. There was an 8cm crack in the shroud surrounding the centre console, likely occurred when installing the sat nav
    4. Spot lights are dull. To me it looks like the reflectors are foggy, like moisture has got in or they are the wrong shape and don't reflect properly. Dealer workshop agrees there is something wrong with them.
    5. There is a bubble, 20cent piece size, in the CRD sticker on the drivers door

Am I pedantic or am I right to expect better?

Thankyou Giant Nissan for your efforts to rectify these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    2013 GU9 Patrol Value Pack (stock)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LocknLoad View Post
    Nissan Patrol

Should I expect more from a car manufacturer?

I recently bought a new 2013 GU9 ST Patrol from a dealer in Perth. Firstly let me say I have been very happy with the dealer and I feel sorry for the rep who has been very helpful. Now for Nissan. This car was sold as a value pack and came fitted with Alloy Bull Bar, tow bar, floor mats, spot lights, sat nav. It was delivered to the dealer like this.

1. There are obvious scratches on the top flat surfaces of the bull bar. The dealer tried to polish them all out, missed a few, but will sort the rest on first service
    2. There was a grease spot bout the size of a 20cent piece on the carpet of the rear passenger foot well. It was covered with the rear mat and only noticed it when I lifted the mat to vacuum it.
    3. There was an 8cm crack in the shroud surrounding the centre console, likely occurred when installing the sat nav
    4. Spot lights are dull. To me it looks like the reflectors are foggy, like moisture has got in or they are the wrong shape and don't reflect properly. Dealer workshop agrees there is something wrong with them.
    5. There is a bubble, 20cent piece size, in the CRD sticker on the drivers door

Am I pedantic or am I right to expect better?

Thankyou Giant Nissan for your efforts to rectify these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    Stick it to em, make em fix the lot.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Nissan Patrol but having just recently had a behind the scenes tour of the Toyota factory here in Melbourne there is zero chance a Toyota would have turned up in that condition.
    If it did, heads would have rolled AND you would have a new car, I kid you not. Their pursuit of quality and finish is extraordinary.
    They wreck complete body shells if the paint finish is not up to spec.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    I love my Nissan Patrol but having just recently had a behind the scenes tour of the Toyota factory here in Melbourne there is zero chance a Toyota would have turned up in that condition.
    If it did, heads would have rolled AND you would have a new car, I kid you not. Their pursuit of quality and finish is extraordinary.
    They wreck complete body shells if the paint finish is not up to spec.

and having a brother that worked at a toyota dealership for 10 years i can say that while the company do endeavour to put quality first, its not as perfect as you say. Albeit the issues were branch management not from the big guys.
    PM for more info to not make this a name and shame.
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    and having a brother that worked at a toyota dealership for 10 years i can say that while the company do endeavour to put quality first, its not as perfect as you say. Albeit the issues were branch management not from the big guys.
    PM for more info to not make this a name and shame.
    I can't speak for the dealers as they are privately owned and run businesses that have very little to do with Toyota Motor Corporation other than selling their cars.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this doesn't become a can of worms.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So far It's been ok mate and as always it will be heavily moderated so no businesses get flammed by an uncalled for rant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought a patrol and i couldnt be happier with how awesome it is
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast