Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation New product review section

Hi All,

Members have discussed the possibility of opening a dedicated product review forum.

I have now created this for open and honest discussions and reviews on 4wd and camping related products.

Whilst their will be negative and bad reviews of products I do not want this to turn into a name and shame forum. However, if you have had genuine bad experiences with any products mentioned then you are obviously welcome to discuss your experiences, good or bad.

Enjoy!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th July 2013), MEGOMONSTER (20th July 2013), MudRunnerTD (20th July 2013), mudski (20th July 2013), my third 256 (10th September 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (20th July 2013), Steve4wdin (20th July 2013), taslucas (20th August 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey AB,
    To prevent it being a shit shovelling session, perhaps there needs to be a basic format that should to be followed much like any other magazine review format.
    Also reckon the mods should check reviews b4 publishing. Not to censor as such but they need to be reviewed for objectiveness.
    Don't really want things to turn into a shit canning session like that recent thread about ARB and OE leftovers.
    Cheers,
    Drew.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (20th July 2013), Woof (21st August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this will be great if......

This is just strictly "products" only, and so we dont want to reading bagging stories about bad service recieved etc.

It is NOT open to "everything", keep it related to 4wd/camping etc.

I think you need to set out guidelines/template to help people write a review, such as....

Description (what its used for), build/construction quality, and brand of product.

How long have you owned the product.

How often do you use the product.

Where did you purchase , and how much did it cost.

What you like best, and what you like worst about the product.

How do you think it could be improved (if at all)

Do you think its value for money.

Rating out of 10 , and Would you recommend it to others.

my 2.5c
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

AB (20th July 2013), MudRunnerTD (20th July 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (20th July 2013), Woof (21st August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a few threads of mine that might fit this category.
    First Autron gauges
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=11998

Second, DPchip and Taipan 3" exhaust
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=11588
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 20th July 2013 at 12:22 PM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can only see it turning pear shaped,
    Just product name and 1-10 rating
    KIS
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

10. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (20th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Can only see it turning pear shaped,
    Just product name and 1-10 rating
    KIS
    So we should not justify reasoning at all? Bull crap!

Trying to use Motorculture

Thanks
    Thanked 7,401 Times in 2,994 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a brave man AB.

Some folks may not realise that like it or not, AB, as the forum owner, can be held legally responsible for posts that manufacturers & sellers may consider defamatory.

If this thread is to remain & prosper it will need two things.

1. a very close eye kept on it by mods who are prepared to act very quickly, regardless of their personal viewpoint.
    2 posts that very strictly refer ONLY to personal experience. i.e.. it is acceptable to say that "I bought XYZ & it failed the first time I used it" but it is NOT acceptable to say " I bought XYZ product & they are rubbish". The manufacturer of XYZ products could easily claim that the latter was defamatory & that the poster had the bad luck of getting a defective product, whilst generally there is no problem with their products.
    If any post is allowed to remain on the forum for even short periods of time that a manufacturer considers defamatory , the manufacturer can sue AB for 'publishing' it. It is irrelevant (& potentially unreasonable) whether the defamatory statement is actually correct, it still places AB in a legal predicament.

So as long as this thread remains, keep posts to the personal experience only. Doing otherwise risks the loss of the forum. I have already been on one forum which had to close down for just this reason. I don't like it any more than the next person ...... but it's how it is.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

AB (20th July 2013), Drewboyaus (20th July 2013), Kast (2nd September 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (20th July 2013), Woof (20th July 2013), YNOT (20th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LoKKa from 4wd systems goannawhere
    Best traction product I've installed
    Instruction were quite clear for a DIY project
    To date I've had no failures and have given it a flogging (only standard TD42 power)
    No change in steering or turning circle when in 2wd and nothing noteworthy when in 4wd
    Minor driving modification needed when going hard and needing to turn (throttle control)
    As with any diff lock care/caution as you will go a lot further up the track and possibly above you or your vehicles competency

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

Dirtydog16 (27th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    You're a brave man AB.

Some folks may not realise that like it or not, AB, as the forum owner, can be held legally responsible for posts that manufacturers & sellers may consider defamatory.

If this thread is to remain & prosper it will need two things.

1. a very close eye kept on it by mods who are prepared to act very quickly, regardless of their personal viewpoint.
    2 posts that very strictly refer ONLY to personal experience. i.e.. it is acceptable to say that "I bought XYZ & it failed the first time I used it" but it is NOT acceptable to say " I bought XYZ product & they are rubbish". The manufacturer of XYZ products could easily claim that the latter was defamatory & that the poster had the bad luck of getting a defective product, whilst generally there is no problem with their products.
    If any post is allowed to remain on the forum for even short periods of time that a manufacturer considers defamatory , the manufacturer can sue AB for 'publishing' it. It is irrelevant (& potentially unreasonable) whether the defamatory statement is actually correct, it still places AB in a legal predicament.

So as long as this thread remains, keep posts to the personal experience only. Doing otherwise risks the loss of the forum. I have already been on one forum which had to close down for just this reason. I don't like it any more than the next person ...... but it's how it is.

Cuppa
    Thanks Cuppa, yes mate I'm very well aware of the legal ramifications involved and I'm not sure if I am brave or stupid to be honest...lol....I'm trusting the members in being honest and thoughtful of their actions but I have no regret in removing the entire forum, posts or threads if things get out of control to protect myself of course.

Please read Cuppa's post and my paragraph above if one of your posts/threads have been removed in due course.

Let's wait and see how members use this section and myself and the moderators will be keeping a vigilant watch over it no doubt to ensure it is kept respectful and genuine.

Interesting times ahead!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

NP99 (2nd September 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does Motorculture count?

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

mudski (20th July 2013), taslucas (20th August 2013)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast