Thread: Snow drive Blue Mountains

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow drive Blue Mountains

The forecast this weekend is for snow in the mountains so I've rallied the troups for a bit of snow action. Anyone else heading up there?
    GU8 2012 with a few extras

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where about, and when are you going?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn......... would love to but have plans I can't get out of this weekend

Yep suppose to be a very cold this weekend
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,715 Times in 2,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait for me, im just leaving now and should be there next week , would love to do that sometime but no chance of that over here.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    wait for me, im just leaving now and should be there next week , would love to do that sometime but no chance of that over here.
    If you headed up this way feel free to drop in for a beer or 2, just PM me and I'll send you my addy

Have a safe trip
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Stropp (19th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plan is to have a rap around lake Lyell and the mount Walker area...can't think of the name of the Nat park...and keep an eye on the weather radar and weather zone forum for snow shower updates. shooters Hill is the most likely spot for a good dump if snow. Sunday

Hopefully better than last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lake Lyell, now that brings back memories..............nothing like putting around the lake with a line out the back and an esky full of beer, ah those were the days.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Woof For This Useful Post:

Steve4wdin (20th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dogman the good old days. I've spent many a day skiing, fishing and drinking on lake Lyell. I originally come from Wallerawang are you from over that way mate?

Waka it's been a few years so might have changed a bit but we used to camp on the river not far from the bottom of the mt walker track pretty awesome camp spot big open area with on giant tree for shade. If you cross the river just upstream from there and head towards the pines of the lidsdale state forest there are some really good tracks to try out around the back of the pine forest. I think the pines have all been cut down recently so the tracks may have changed a bit in 10 years since I've been through there.
    Around Hampton is always good for snow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to firm351 For This Useful Post:

Steve4wdin (20th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firm351 View Post
    Hey dogman the good old days. I've spent many a day skiing, fishing and drinking on lake Lyell. I originally come from Wallerawang are you from over that way mate?

Waka it's been a few years so might have changed a bit but we used to camp on the river not far from the bottom of the mt walker track pretty awesome camp spot big open area with on giant tree for shade. If you cross the river just upstream from there and head towards the pines of the lidsdale state forest there are some really good tracks to try out around the back of the pine forest. I think the pines have all been cut down recently so the tracks may have changed a bit in 10 years since I've been through there.
    Around Hampton is always good for snow.
    Thanks mate. I was up there a couple of weeks ago looking around for good future trout fishing spots and camp sites for spring. There's a great maze of tracks and some very nice river crossings too. It was freezing up there a couple of weeks ago and there's no way I'd be camping up there this weekend!

I'll let you know how we go.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waka View Post
    Thanks mate. I was up there a couple of weeks ago looking around for good future trout fishing spots and camp sites for spring. There's a great maze of tracks and some very nice river crossings too. It was freezing up there a couple of weeks ago and there's no way I'd be camping up there this weekend!

I'll let you know how we go.
    C'mon mate where's you sense of adventure lol that's why they invented bundy, to ward off the wickedest of chills.

That camp site I mentioned in my earlier post is a good spot for trout good access to the river banks and you can walk along the river spinning or with a fly rod pretty easily. Pretty much any where along the river down to the dam you will have a good chance of a fish or two and plenty of camp spots. Also around Tarana there is some good fishing and a good pub for a few cold ones.

I'm heading over there in December looking forward to checking some of my old haunts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast