Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick transfer case question

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm 23 posts away from the online manual. Stuck in between and the box will sit and gather dust. Hopefully I can get that FSM from the South African Patrol forum just before the box disintegrates completely. Happy days.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you able to post some pictures of it bundu? That would be perfect.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, why not help myself to get that FSM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right here goes. Here I am with my arm in a sling after the transfer case dropped on my hand and injuring my thumb. See, one more reason not to restrict access to the FSM. I worked just as hard to post pictures of my efforts on what the TC looks like as for others to obtain the FSM. This is free however. Yes I'm kind of peed off and that is not my garage and neither did the box fall on my hand, but a snake got hold of me.[IMG]C:\Users\Nadia\Desktop\New folder\037.jpg[/IMG]

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yip here starts the trouble, I need advice on how to get my pictures posted from my desktop. Any advice on how to do so will see the pics for free.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In between I think I'm hijacking this thread but I'm not a terrorist so no harm done or meant. The mods can decide on how they want to handle to issue. I must say that appart from lots of advice found here, I do experience a lack of pictures. I'm not the most tecnical person but still took on the task of taking out the tc myself. It is straight forward and any body can do it. I would also have tried to remove the box myself, but I do lack some critical tools and my chest wont do it as it did for the tc in place of a trolly jack. But yes the clutch is suspect and I do have a seamans vocabulary to help me get things done, and my neighbors can live with that.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G,Day, Bundu, try this thread for your computer questions. It will get your post count up too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Upload-Photos.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Bundu , sent you a PM mate

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little back ground on the vehicle. I bought it from the UNPC with 110000kilos on the odo. One driver and serviced at a local Nissan dealer. This dealer is not worth their salt based on the fact that they have a habbit of taking off things ( panels ) and do not replace them. They are also skimpy on what they say they do compared to the reality, like billing for an oil service without actually replacing the oil. That is for the engine main box transfer and diffs and greasing of shafts. I strongly doubt that the UNPC would tamper with their vehicles by themselves. The dealer also has a shit approach towards the bubbling dashboard issue which is still un-resolved. This brought me to the point where I prefer to do things myself. What I f-up I fix up.
    Back to the car. This is a Patrol GU Y61 DX 4.5litre petrol. I must say for the kilos it is in a very good condition and there is no signs of tampering vissible, that includes the oil drain plugs. Charges without do's thing. The engine is as new when new. The only thing is a idle issue which from the forum I suspect may be the MAF sensor or plugs or worst case the throttle control on the inlet manifold. I will pay attention to that later.
    How do I post pictures?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger problem is that I suspect the box had been abused by bad driving habits, specifically to using the clutch. I grew up with these kind of vehicles (cruisers, landys and safaris ) and I believe that most will agree that driving a 2.5 ton truck is slightly different from the average sedan, and more costly when it needs repairs. So care needs to be taken specially when operating that clutch pedal. driving around town has a higher toll on the box than off road except if you go for a bit more extreme off road, playing. I noticed problems with the box after detecting a slight noise. Yes there is a lot of this GRRR noise from the box on the forum. So I end up with the VISUAL stuff from David Smith on you-tube as posted here as well. I replied to hin on you-tube and clearly he had a similar noise coming from his TC just to find it was the uni link on the prop shaft. Lots of unnecessary effort on his side to open up the tc where as it could have taken him four bolts on the shaft to start with. That'
    s how it goes. So I took the systematic trouble shoot route. Up with the rear axle and on the juice and the noise was there, then off with rear prop shaft and on the juice and the noise was still there. That is in 2H now gents, so the problem is for sure in the TC after I used my screwdriver stethoscope to " hear it out. So out came the TC and by turning the output shaft by hand I could clearly feel a dead spot. At first I thought and hoped it was a bearing, but on further investigation and after butchering the box I found it to be a gear.
    The forum say Have To Take Pictures (http) which I did, then they say URL, and I did ask my uncle and he couldn't help, so I guess I am slightly computer illiterate on posting pics. I am, from my last computer crash that ended up looking like a plane crash, no one dead but lots of parts lying around in an abandoned field. Yes I am.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast