Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick transfer case question

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys I'm on it. No man not the fat lady.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It may be the blind leading the blind and I hope someone has an easier way of getting pictures to upload. I save my pictures as jpeg in Paint, then resize them and crop them until they are able to be uploaded to the forum. I have made a special folder on my desktop for the pictures so I can easily open them to upload.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LoL, thanks Clunk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Madnut, That is more or less what i did as well apart from resizing. So I got some good advice so far and give it a shot. Resizing will unfortunatly take a bit of time.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see if I'm back on the tech ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right those were as attachments. Is there a way to embed pics without starting a new thread and not having them as attachments ?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I go to the picture icon, It still gives me the HTTP stuff. I dont have the option to post a pic from my computer or the web, somewhat in the dark here.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
    Right those were as attachments. Is there a way to embed pics without starting a new thread and not having them as attachments ?
    Read post 40 on this thread by me: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Upload-Photos.

You don't need to start new threads to post picture's just go to your post that you want to add pics to and select "Edit Post" then add the pics to it
    Cheers

Toddie
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Thanks Toddie I managed to figure it out last night. I lost track that I'm in Africa, and had to expect that red tape, sabotage and a devil in the detail toot will play a role. So after a 10hr wait my pictures suddenly showed up as I posted them. In between I thought it the right thing to start a new thread anyway. See "MY GU TRANSFER CASE TRANSFERED"

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In summary from the start of this thread I would like to make the following comments. The bearing on the output shaft will always get oil feed as long as the wheels are turning, that is in 2WD and 4WD. Refer to My gu transfer case transfered thread. A gear that sits on the active drive line splashes oil onto a plastic canal from where oil run down and fall on that bearing. There is no mechanical oil pump in the TC.
    As far as the issue about driving in 4WD from time to time there is only one single reason ( from experience ). That is to rotate the front prop shaft to alter the position of the bearing in the front diff and to a lesser extend as well the bearing on the 4WD output in the TC. The tendency is that when you drive mainly poor/corrugated gravel roads extensively in 2WD the balls/rollers in the bearing start to pit the outer and inner race of the bearing from the hammering effect. You will really have to be a frequent gravel road visitor. This can come as what I describe as and AK47 assault to your ear when you engage into 4WD. Just the ball bearing running through that pit holes it dug itself in the race cause an awful sound. Remember that the shaft hangs on these bearings, and it is heavy.
    For the the issue about bearing running red hot. Believe me the last time any bearing see that state is during manufacturing. If it has tendencies to self destruct a couple of things will happen. You will hear it. You will smell it. You will feel it and hopefully you dont see it, but it will not be red hot before that.
    Free grumble now, but expensive later. Investigate asap.
    Last edited by Bundu; 25th July 2013 at 01:37 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234