Thread: Boost levels at crusing speed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boost levels at crusing speed

Hi All,
    Just after your experiences and thoughts on how the boost should be behaving when travelling over 100kmph??
    I've had a ultra gauge hooked up to the GU8 not long after the purchase and probably 3 months ago I noticed when cruising over 100kmph especially with cruise control engaged the boost level would rise from a consistent 12-13psi upto 17psi and fall away it was an iregualur occurance but something I kept an eye on and adjusted my driving to suit. I mentioned it to Nissan when it went for it's 10000k service and the found a faulty EGR valve which has since been replaced. Problem is it's doing more often now and has climbed upto 18psi on occasion. Took it back to Nissan and they spent a day on it could not find any issues, next step is they want it overnight so they can hook the computer up and take it for a run which is fair enough. I told them I'm getting all the upgrades installed this week (including new intercooler, exhaust and chip) so I see how it preforms when I get it back and if there's still an issue I'll bring it back.
    Now firstly is there an issue (is the boost suppose to act this way) and secondly any recommendations???
    2012 GU8 ST manual.. Not so stock standard anymore

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a boost gague but my 2012 dx ute makes a different sound when I get to cruising speed in 3rd fourth and fifth gears almost like the clutch is slipping usually around 2500 revs and when I let my foot off just a little. sounds like when you first start up and the oil hasn't stuck yet could this be boost also.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does it behave with out the cruise control on? I now with mine the boost does move up and down a lot more with cruise control on.
    Could be the cruise control trying to maintain the set speed moving the throttle on and of.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doe's the same thing with out cruise control on but not as bad and often??

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Install a Dawes valve and block the egr and forget about those issues for ever.

I tapped that app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

threedogs (19th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check all your hose clamps but it does sound like an egr problem
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GU8 auto, EGR blocked chipped and zorst sits on flat roads at 100kph with cruise at a constant 10psi
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked all hoses and so did nissan all good there. I get the patrol back tomorrow so I'll see what differences all the mods have made to it.
    Megamonster doe's your egr block have a 6mm hole or not??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mundlich69 View Post
    Megamonster doe's your egr block have a 6mm hole or not??
    It's MEGO MONSTER and I really couldn't tell, I just don't know, I don't even know where to look or what to look for.
    Last edited by MEGOMONSTER; 18th July 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These Nissan CRD's don't need the hole. For some reason. Just about every other CRD does though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (19th July 2013), Steve4wdin (5th September 2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast