Thread: Croc attack nt style

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Croc attack nt style

On channel 9 this morning a couple of blokes pig hunting had a BIG surprise when a huge croc
    jumped up and took a dog, Very lucky dude if someone can find the utube footage and put it up
    for all to see would be great.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen it too, but only on facebook and couldn't see a link to post it up here.
    Sad for the dog but very lucky for the guy!
    GUIII ZD30 Manual Wagon, OME 2" lift, 33" BFG AT's, Snorkel, Chip, 3" Redback Exh, Dual Batts, etc.
    KEEP OUR TRACKS LITTER FREE!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crocs prefer dogs believe it or not, when i was over at melville island the story was a heap of kids playingnear the water and the croc ran through the kids and grabbed a dog, they also throw the dogs in for a swim prior to humans getting in so they know if a croc is there!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

P4trol (9th July 2013), threedogs (9th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    they also throw the dogs in for a swim prior to humans getting in so they know if a croc is there!
    Similar in parts of Vanuatu. I wanted to go snorkelling off the island of Malekula, but the locals were a bit cagey about taking me out because a large shark had been sighted hanging around. Eventually they took me out but insisted on having two blokes in the water with me, presumably to act as decoys! Whilst I was happily snorkelling others were out trying to catch the shark. Upon our return to shore I was fed with fresh cooked shark. When I asked how they had caught it, they just told me in a matter of fact way that they had used a dog for bait.

Cuppa

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The huge croc at the Cairnes Croc farm called "Sarge" was so named caused it took the local
    policeman heeler whilst walking along the beach, that was 1983, believe Sarge was a good 5mtr Croc then.

You could always go swimming in a Collingwood jumper no one's gunna touch that,,,,,,,,,, Boom tish,,,,,,,,,,,, That's Gold
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there