Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic roads and 6.5 engine change

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vic roads and 6.5 engine change

Has anyone out there had any issues with Vic roads when trying to get their engine number changed for registration purposes, seems they don't recognise any paperwork issued by that mob that change engines in WA. Been told I need a VASS certificate and the whole vehicle inspected by some engineer at an unknown cost. PS, anyone know a inspector in Wodonga
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    your local RTA branch should know of engineers in your area, he'll need to inspect your 4x4 and then certify for any work done.
    ring first cause you may be in for a shock. prices of $4-5k not out of the question, let me know via PM if you get stuck.
    I take it you got no paperwork from Brunswick.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a blanket letter from the WA government that says the modification is allowed, apparently the closest engineer to me is in Towong, 80klm away and I don't he wants to look at it, we had a heated discussion after he said he needed to inspect all other modifications as well, and said my 2 in lift required an engineering cert as well. I did hear about the 5-6000 cost, seems ridiculous for someone to do an inspection. Not sure how you can help me out but any help is appreciated.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be prepare to drive to Melbourne, it could save you a HEAP OF CASH!

Give Brett a call at 4x4Obsession in Melton mate or John Bider at Biders in Cranbourne. Either will point you straight and be able to handle your Engineering.

Good luck.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Ian2011 (8th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so happens I am going to Melb in a few weeks, this might just work out, thanks for your help Mudrunner

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian, this isn't much help as I am in Qld, but the process was straight forward here. It was inspected and approved, along with the long range fuel tanks, for around $200. Brunswick should be able to refer you to an engineer in Vic who handles their conversions regularly. I would suggest you check with them first. 5-6 grand seems way out for a vehicle inspection!
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been on phone to brunswicks today ben, still waiting for them to supply that preferred engineer

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good mate. Did you get this resolved?
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, all sorted now. Got that nice blue plate and Vicroads are happy. Now I can put back all the barwork I had to take off to get the car down to a respectable weight, back on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you end up getting to engineer it mate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast