Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling advise?? New zd30 create motor or td42t conversion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling advise?? New zd30 create motor or td42t conversion

Hi all! I've recently purchased a 2001 gu zd30 auto bought it back in January had a full engine rebuild and new injector pump rebuild too, 20,000ks ago! It went kaboomm four weeks ago! I serviced it and didn't flog it either! Went up with a bang and a cloud of white smoke! Had full nads and egt was 350 got major blow buy out of catch can and out of dipstick too! So I'm considering it stuffed! My next thoughts are td42t but I've been researching and it's doable but won't be cheap! Car will be off the road for some time, I can do a lot of work myself! Probably all of it, but I think it will still cost $10,000 or more? Or I can get brand new zd30 crate motor $5995 rebuild turbo? The motor is from ftgully nissan they say that they are the latest spec zd30 available and built 2012? Any thoughts on what I should do? Would the zd30 be past it's problems if nissan are supply them for replacement? I'm not sure if I should trust one again, but it would be alot cheaper and less labour than fitting a td42t
    Cheers for any thoughts
    A great bunch of people here with lots of experience with these beasts!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who rebuilt the motor? something is not right there should not go at 200000km,
    Can you take it back and ask for an explanation?
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it off a guy that had the work done? He had all receipts for the work, and I called them up and checked it was legit, it was done in Sydney and I'm in Byron bay, they said 12 months or 20,000k warranty.. Well it was 13 months and like 23,000ks so not covered! And it would cost to much to get the car back to Sydney! I'm not sure weather to get new create zd30 which would be $6000 and replace turbo for $1400 my injector pump has been recondition when engine was rebuilt 23,000ks ago! I'm not sure weather to trust the zd30 again! Should I spend the extra on 4.2? So much extra work though? Has anyone bought a new create motor from nissan, should it last this time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, I would check with consumer affairs. Regardless of whether the warranty says 12 months, there is precedent and Australian consumer law that there is a "reasonable expectation of warranty".
    Apple have run into this recently. Their phones are warranted for only 1 year but they are being forced to honour the warranty up to two years because for the price the 1 year warranty is seen as "not reasonable" in the eyes of the law.
    In my view that would certainly apply here given the thing was rebuilt only 20000km and 13 months ago.
    Have you spoken to the workshop who did the rebuild? Are they prepared to meet part of the cost?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (25th July 2013), Robo (26th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely speak to the work shop, it's only just outside the warranty, any motor would be expected to last longer than that.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get the new crate motor, and change it out....

You should be able to use the pump, turbo, and injectors and slot it straight in.

Try and find out what went wrong with the rebuilt one though, as you don't want it to happen again.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (26th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely get someone's look at the motor in it, as it may be just something minor, like a split inlet hose...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guy
    I have spoken to the workshop and they said that it was not covered and were very vauge about it? They said that I need a diesel mechanic to diagnose and detail report of service history also a scan of the Ecu for any faults, they then said they wouldn't warranty it cause apparently the old own had a chip fitted to it and these void the warranty? There's no diesel mechanic In Byron bay so I would have get car towed to closest place at my cost! Pay for diagnostics and towed back! And they probably won't do anything! What should I do? I need car fixed ASAP as its my work car, and I want it fixed properly to last as I plane on doing a lot of trips

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2003 Model 3Litre had a Dtronic Chip from new, and it has done over 250,000Klms, so the chip would have nothing to do with an engine failure like yours, and there are plenty running around with chips on them just fine.

Also be aware that there are plenty of reports of doom and gloom, only for the owners to find out it was something relatively minor and easily fixable.

I think we get a little jumpy too quickly because of the negativity and reading all the reports of problems.

Mic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know it's stuffed as its running on two cylinders, and blowing a cloud of smoke out of the dipstick hole, and pretty much having the exhaust blowning out of the catch can lid! Havnt has a chance to pull it apart yet as it blew a few day before I left for a 6 week trip to Europe and I'm not even back yet! First thing to look at when I get home! Find out what made it blow? I think I'll replace with create motor? Anybody know a good company to rebuild turbo off zd30

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast