Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lane poole upgrade

just found this,thought it might be of some use to some one some where

A NEW $2.1 million camping ground at Lane Poole Reserve near Dwellingup is open just in time for the school holidays.

Environment Minister Albert Jacob opened the Baden Powell camp ground as part of a government commitment to provide low-cost camping and caravanning sites across WA.

A further $2 million will be spent redeveloping Nanga Mill campground.

The camping ground offers 42 more campsites and two larger group camping areas and can accommodate about 180 campers, with three camp kitchens, eight toilets, picnic tables, pathways and a car park.

Mr Jacob said the site would cater for a range of camping types, including, for the first time at Lane Poole, specific sites for caravans or camper trailers.

“This development adds to Lane Poole Reserve’s existing 160 campsites, which are consistently booked out on long weekends and during peak holiday periods,’’ he said.

Construction of the new Baden Powell campground was funded with $1.35 million from the State Government ($1 million from Royalties for Regions, $350,000 from the Department of Environment and Conservation) and $750,000 from Alcoa.

Mr Jacob said the campground was an example of the type of low-cost, high quality accommodation sites to be built in the south and mid-west of WA under the Parks for People initiative.

Work has begun on the $2 million ($1 million from Royalties for Regions) redevelopment of Nanga Mill campground, to provide an additional 29 campsites specifically for caravans.

A further $1 million will be spent on other upgrades at Lane Poole Reserve, including the Baden Powell day-use area.
    Cheers
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

93patrol (3rd July 2013), pearcey (5th May 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense to you WA 489 but that write up is complete BULL5HIT!!! lol

Those figures are WAAAAAY out. There is no way on God's green earth that it would cost even half that to do what they propose. That's probably what they expect to net in camp fees from it in the 1st 12mths though hahahaha. Hell for that price they could afford to rebuild that bloody 1 lane bridge into a 2 way with a footpath so hikers can stop on it.

I remember calm & the govt representatives many yrs ago saying that they'll never turn the "natural heritage" of nanga into a commercialized caravan park. I knew it would happen 1 day. Stuff camping there. It's worse than staying home. You get people sleeping on top of each other. It's like friggin sardines. There are some better campsites about 20 mins further south & still on the Murray river. I've been camping in that area for 25yrs.

Wow I just noticed you're in pemberton. You have AWESOME camping right at your door step. Nanga is a craphole by comparison.
    Last edited by Sharky1; 27th October 2014 at 11:58 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharky1 For This Useful Post:

Spiv (5th May 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky1 View Post
    No offense to you WA 489 but that write up is complete BULL5HIT!!! lol

Those figures are WAAAAAY out. There is no way on God's green earth that it would cost even half that to do what they propose. That's probably what they expect to net in camp fees from it in the 1st 12mths though hahahaha. Hell for that price they could afford to rebuild that bloody 1 lane bridge into a 2 way with a footpath so hikers can stop on it.

I remember calm & the govt representatives many yrs ago saying that they'll never turn the "natural heritage" of nanga into a commercialized caravan park. I knew it would happen 1 day. Stuff camping there. It's worse than staying home. You get people sleeping on top of each other. It's like friggin sardines. There are some better campsites about 20 mins further south & still on the Murray river. I've been camping in that area for 25yrs.

Wow I just noticed you're in pemberton. You have AWESOME camping right at your door step. Nanga is a craphole by comparison.
    G'day mate,
    just read this post.
    I used to go there when there were still "Wild" campsites along the river, I believe that's all gone now.
    You say there are other camping areas along the river 20 min South.
    Can you give me some idea as to where they are?

Cheers
    Stefano

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiv View Post
    G'day mate,
    just read this post.
    I used to go there when there were still "Wild" campsites along the river, I believe that's all gone now.
    You say there are other camping areas along the river 20 min South.
    Can you give me some idea as to where they are?

Cheers
    Stefano
    There are a few places along the fireline track which starts just past the last designated camp ground.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just before you get to Pemberton maybe 20 Ks there's a dirt road on the left that ends up at a hut by a stream , I think it's called deep river but it may have been deep creek .
    Reminded me of the huts up in the high country .

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Just before you get to Pemberton maybe 20 Ks there's a dirt road on the left that ends up at a hut by a stream , I think it's called deep river but it may have been deep creek .
    Reminded me of the huts up in the high country .
    YeahGQ,haven't heard of that one..but there are a few in the bush...one know of youcan only get to by motor bike...Towards Yeagerup n the donelly
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's good about it is there is the hut and space for one camper and 4by so if you park right and sleep in the hut no bugger has room to be your neighbor.
    Hut even had a Conara type heater and rainwater tank .