Thread: Taskforce shuts down illegal activity in Alpine National Park

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taskforce shuts down illegal activity in Alpine National Park

Just some Vic news I came across, still trying to get my head around some idiot cut a wooden fence up for firewood!

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/about-us/n...-park-over-the

Taskforce shuts down illegal activity in Alpine National Park over the Queen's Birthday weekend
    Tuesday 18 June, 2013

Visitor safety and park protection have been the aim of recent compliance activity between Parks Victoria and Victoria Police in the Alpine National Park, north of Licola.

Authorised officers have been undertaking regular patrols, targeting illegal behaviour throughout Gippsland’s remote high country, resulting in a high number of infringement notices and prosecutions pending for more serious offences.

The patrols conducted over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend included the seizure of several firearms. Other offences detected included illegal campfires, off road driving, taking vehicles behind seasonally closed gates, and bringing dogs into the park. Significant criminal damage to national park assets also occurred over the weekend.

Parks Victoria Ranger in Charge of the Wonnangatta Moroka area of the Alpine National Park, Mike Dower, said park visitors should be able to explore parks safely and without encountering this level of illegal activity.

“Rangers will continue to conduct targeted compliance operations in four wheel drives and on trail bikes across the entire Alpine National Park for a range of illegal activities that have been reported.

Mr Downer said of most concern was the destruction of timber posts and fences outside the heritage-listed Moroka Hut.

“The fence was cut up with a chainsaw for firewood and transported to a nearby campground. The offender was interviewed by a Parks Victoria Authorised Officer. The matter will now be transferred to Victoria Police for follow up,” he said.

Parks Victoria will continue to run compliance operations on a regular basis in the remote areas of the Gippsland High Country.

For information on hunting regulations in the Alpine regions of Victoria go to http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/game-hunting
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

boots (30th June 2013), macca (11th October 2013), threedogs (30th June 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darwinism .... these people need not breath our air!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

Hodge (11th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are type of f wits that ruin it for the rest of us!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    X 2 with you Stropp just a few idiots will close down the high country in the blink of an eye.
    We are very very lucky in Vic to has this asset on our back door and to have a few Clowns cut up signs/fences for fire wood
    is just not on,. I've said it in other posts if I see anyone acting like a clown and doing the wrong thing I will take rego numbers
    and hand them on. This high country is for us all to enjoy, same as anywhere else take out what you bring in, and leave any campsites better than how you
    found them. Our spot on the Murray used to have a plaque nailed to a tree in memory of someones mate, over the years the
    sign has disappeared along with the redgum table and chairs {fire wood}. Don't let the Greenie get their way and close these areas up to all who venture to enjoy it.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Stropp (30th June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had a pic posted on my Facebook of an area just passed Walhalla of 'road spikes' literally dug into the ground across 4wd tracks just shows how many idiots are out there unfortunately

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And after the bushfire in January around that area, then subsequent heavy rains, I cannot believe the amount of 4wd's that had to be towed out of 'creeks' (they were overflowing rivers) and idiots bypassing the Road Closed signs. These people were unaware that their insurance would not cover them as they were on 'closed tracks'

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .........and they breed too.
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately they do NP99 .... and people wonder why all these places are being closed off from the public. We have tracks in Gippsland that the DSE wont grade etc, because they just don't want people in the area.
    Fruity by name .... Loopy by nature

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very disappointing to read this, as said the powers that be will close the area and the rest of us suffer.
    I haven't been to the high country yet and do hope it will be open when I finally get a chance.

While preparing for our recent CSR trip there was mention of well timber being used in campfires, you have to be bloody joking to think that is in any way acceptable.
    Oxygen thieves.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just yesterday I heard on the radio that the camp site at Torongo Falls was possibly to be closed after some brainless dorks vandalised the toilets there.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast