Thread: ARB, TJM or Independants

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB, TJM or Independants

Just got my rig worked on at *** and thought the sales person was a good bloke. Was happy with the service and price, well it seems everything is expensive. But felt if I was getting deceived over my parts on my Patrol.

I was told they were worth nothing, I was wasting my time asking for them back etc. Turns out the parts being replaced are worth about $800/600 from the wreckers.

Turns out yesterday I noticed they had forgot to return all the parts they had taken off. Doing a quick ring around it worked out the parts not returned are worth $488 new. My rig is only a few weeks old and a 2013 Y61.

When I rung, they told me they had just realised they hadn't return them, a minute before my call?

Had just spent $6800 with them and had lined up another $5000 worth of products to go on.

I feel I can't trust this store anymore and was wondering which store people prefer to use the most.

So which company/store do you use and why?
    Last edited by TheLocksmith; 25th June 2013 at 07:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now only use a local independent as the other two big guys tend to be a little restricted in the variety of brands available and don't recommend anything else. I've also had the issue with the big guys trying to sell me gear that I don't want and will never have a use for. Whereas the independent will discuss pros and cons of all brands and if they don't have a account with the brand i'm after they will still source it. My independent is a Hillcrest in Logan and well known to members of this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Locksmith,

The original parts aren't worth as much as you think, as most people are doing the same as you ..... accessorizing.

Unless you find someone who wants to sell their bits and put their car back to standard, or who has been in a minor accident, then there isn't as much demand.

I have sometimes requested my old parts back, just for the hell of it, but they haven't made me rich.....

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th June 2013), Thirsty (26th June 2013)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck getting anywhere near that for your parts. Places like arb tjm etc. Have bumpers rear bars etc stacked roof high can't give em away cause most people don't want them back as its just wasting space around the backyard and eventually it makes it to the tip.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to stay away from the big boys as well for the same reason
    and try to shop local but will travel if i like the product or part
    i find the inderpendants and little back yarders to be more informantive
    about there wares

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Good luck getting anywhere near that for your parts. Places like arb tjm etc. Have bumpers rear bars etc stacked roof high can't give em away cause most people don't want them back as its just wasting space around the backyard and eventually it makes it to the tip.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app
    It's no so much the price than the effort to get them.

When I do a job and someone is replacing a perfectly good lock, I let them know it's worth keeping. When I have replaced the lock I hand over every nut/screw so if needed they can use it elsewhere and not require anything.

I don't just strip it of parts and smile that I scored well.

Maybe it's just me?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLocksmith For This Useful Post:

Stropp (25th June 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLocksmith View Post
    It's no so much the price than the effort to get them.

When I do a job and someone is replacing a perfectly good lock, I let them know it's worth keeping. When I have replaced the lock I hand over every nut/screw so if needed they can use it elsewhere and not require anything.

I don't just strip it of parts and smile that I scored well.

Maybe it's just me?
    I do agree .... they should at least ask you if you want the parts.

Most people don't and they end up binning most of the bits.

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Front clip and rear bars are normally sold to wreckers for a very small price.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if these stores were franchised the owner of the store wouldn't let the looting of car bits go on.

The rear lights that were accidentally left on the shelf. New were $244 each, eBay say about $100/150, wreckers prob the same? Not talking 20 yr old stuff, just week old stuff.

Offer me $150 for the lot and you have a great buy and I get $150 for looting?

Comes down to doing the right thing and morals. At least tell the customer and show some respect.

9 out of 10 people going in wouldn't have a clue of the scam.

Come Get Some - Sent from my iPhone

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since owning my Trol I have only had one experience so far and that was with ARB directly not an agent. Had a Commercial Combo Bar and Safari Snorkel fitted and I can tell you that are the last 2 pieces of ARB gear that will ever get bolted on or used with my vehicle.

Starting with the Combo Bar, they managed to hook the park lights up to the indicators, upon closer inspection the wiring job was lack lustre and I can’t believe they didn’t even test the bloody things before giving the vehicle back to me. Shame on me for not testing it in the car park in front of the salesman but I would have thought they wouldn’t make such a rookie mistake.

The Snorkel, was cruising down the freeway and the head come flying off, yep they never bothered to tighten up the worm drive clamp, so had to pay them another visit for a new head. So wasted 2 Saturdays and hence to say there is a certain ARB store here in WA that is pretty sick of me.

They may be good quality products but the aren’t worth a pinch of sh!t as far as I am concerned if the service to back it up is crap.
    2008 GU ST Bog stock and no smoking barrels!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast