Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: central locking problems

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the battery. Had some issues with mine and the battery number didn't match that for my model. Replaced the battery with the right one and all was well again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Someone talked about buying the batteries from ebay and replacing again... I did this and guess what... It's working again. So for now I am happy.... purchased 5 cr1620 Lithium for $5 delivered. A happy camper here
    Jason
    (06 ST 3ltr Auto,Snorkel,Dual Batteries,BFG MT KM2,Pillar pod with Autometer Boost & Pyro,Full NADS,Cargo Barrier,Donladson filters,digoptions double din & depo tail lights)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add another thought from left field. Microwave/radio wave interference. Mine was playing up when I went to the Post Office close by, a daily job. Needed to be right on top of the car to get it to work. Also had the problem when trying to lock it in the garage.

Penny finally dropped, the Post Office has microwave transmitters on a tower right next door and I had put a wireless phone into the garage a while back. Turned off the wireless phone and garage issue went away.

Works fine when no where near microwaves or wireless transmitters, now all I have to do is find places that don't suffer from these issues. Was in the Simpson desert last month, worked fine there
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah it seems like the OP issue may also be caused by RFI.

I was hoping that a comms guru would come up with a solution.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I think I have mine sorted.... I have purchased lithium batteries from fleabay and seem to work for a while.... I was cleaning the interior of the car on the weekend and wanted to charge my mobile while the car was off.... Now stick with me here please.....

I have a GU IV and the 12v outlet near the cigarette lighter does not stay on once the ignition is turned off.... but my cigarette lighter does.... my keys are in the house... so I plugged in my phone charger into the cigarette lighter and continued on cleaning....while my phone charged up.. After cleaning a closed all the doors up and forgot about my phone on charge.... I went inside and got the remote fob to lock the Patrol... guess what... The bloody thing wouldn't lock.... I was pissed big time....
    Then I thought hang about.... it worked last night... then I remembered that my phone on charge..... So I took the charger out of the cigarette light and guess what... The remote started working again....
    I then placed the charger back into the lighter and the patrol wouldn't lock again....via the remote.... took the charger out again and patrol would lock again..... So must be if there is a power draw somewhere the patrol remotes will not lock...

Sorry for the long post
    Last edited by rochjas; 18th September 2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Jason
    (06 ST 3ltr Auto,Snorkel,Dual Batteries,BFG MT KM2,Pillar pod with Autometer Boost & Pyro,Full NADS,Cargo Barrier,Donladson filters,digoptions double din & depo tail lights)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rochjas For This Useful Post:

Yendor (18th September 2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    rochjas, Thank you for your post.

It highlights how making changes (no matter how minor) to the vehicle's electrical system can affect other electrical systems.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    rochjas, Thank you for your post.

It highlights how making changes (no matter how minor) to the vehicle's electrical system can affect other electrical systems.
    Totally agree with you there Rodney. I removed my Projector lights today to send them back and put my old lights back in, turned the lights on and my horn went off....
    Then I realised I plugged in a power wire for the Devils eyes directly to the horn. I near shat myself!
    Now back on topic. I see the op wants to get the OEM unit working but, ahem! Ditch the garbage and just put in an aftermarket unit. It will cost you less than one remote from Ni$$an. I had all the same issues with mine OEM jobbie. Had. Good to see your persistent though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks fellas,the genuine setup works fine once the stereo is off and the antenna has powered down,still a pita!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon...
    Have you tried supplying the control module power directly from the battery? Sounds like a tiny voltage drop caused from the radio or antenna is just enough to not let the remote work.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567