User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Efi upgrade

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally plenium and intake manifold out, the gas fitter put the gas line nipples to close to the inlet manifold bolts only 1/4 turns at a time its going to be a nightmare refitting. Need a beer and a kind word to say it will all be worth it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that you might have to change the fuel tank also because the fuel injection requires more tank pressure. I know in early commodores to change to efi, you had to change the tanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay the rain has finally stopped so back into it. I now have all the gas mechanicals and looms out of the donor car, also all of the EFI mechanicals, very difficult to access the inlet manifold bolts just 1/4 turns whoever Gassed the car placed the gas injection nipples almost directly behind the bolts. I have exchange the Dizzy and coil for the donors electronic ignition. I have had to swap rocker covers also, where is the petrol pump located on EFI models? I think that it is going to be easier to pull the whole loom out. There is a black canister behind the left headlight should this be swapped over?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pump is located inside the fuel tank. Pull up the carpet in the cargo area and there will be a panel held down with 4 10mm bolts. With this panel removed, disconnect the fuel pressure and return hoses and the electrical connector and screws and the whole lot can be removed.

The black canister behind the headlight is used to absorb fuel vapours from the fuel tank. These days tanks don't vent to atmosphere, they vent into these carbon filled canisters, then when your engine is on, the engine consumes the vapours within the canister. Will need it if you want to pass road worthy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a canister on the Maverick but it is a smaller unit.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the fuel pump is an easy swap, wouldn't be the same pump would it?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it will be the same pump. Efi pumps need to pump the fuel to about 40psi, where as a carby pump only needs to just move the fuel to fill the carby float. Doesn't run anywhere near as high.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay found the Maverick pump its a mechanical type below the alternator so tomorrow I will move this across to the donor patrol and remove the electric pump ready to fit in the Maverick.I have now removed the inlet manifold complete with carby and Gas system from the Maverick, and only have the switch wires left in both cars, these will be out tomorrow. I managed to save 1 inlet manifold gasket, where is the best place to get a replacement staying away from Nissan.

The only problem so far is a heater hose spigot fitted to the back of the block on the EFI motor, 1 main heater hose and a smaller feed hose are attached to this the carby block does no have this. Does anyone know the size spanner required and is there a knack to releasing these. Don't really want to use a flame in there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay only had 2 hours on it today, so disconnected the last of the LPG switches and wiring from both vehicles, and removed the mechanical pump and fitted it to the donor patrol. This is when I noticed that the carby vehicle has a larger diameter fuel feed line, I will have to remove the EFI pump tomorrow and possible the lines.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater hose spigot

This is the spigot that I am having trouble cracking the nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast