OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aux tank suppliers east Melbourne?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already have a long range tank in mine and I picked up an 80L LRA aux tank on eBay a few months ago for $150. New they are over $1000. Will have 220L on board once its in.
    Keep your eyes on eBay because they come up reasonably regularly.
    The method nissan use is to pump from the Aux tank to the main tank, not draw separately so any advantage of having separate tanks is mainly lost. I intend to set mine up to draw from either. It's going to take some mucking around but it can be done. It's a bit easier with the EFI models because the pump is in the tank so there's less screwing around finding a location for the pump.
    The main thing I need to do is work out how I deal with the gauge.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look out for a sub tank on eBay, they come up for GQs all the time for bargains. Will give you 30lts cheap and keep it low and central.

A long range sub would be great and for the GQ come up often too. Gu not so often damnit!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one:
    http://bit.ly/1bUFP9G

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

AB (21st June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Here's one:

eBay has heaps of these guys! If you have a GQ then you will all pick on of these up cheap on eBay. That is a 7t long range belly tank. Bolt straight in.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does that fit where the original tank fits or is it an extra?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Does that fit where the original tank fits or is it an extra?
    Extra! That is a long range sub tank that is a belly tank and sits under the driver

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose a heavy bash plate would have to be installed under it.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Here's one:

That's one for the petrols.. diesels don't have in built pumps. Well the mighty 4.2 doesn't..

So that's $75 for the tank. What sorta price you looking at for the dual filler neck setup?
    And electrical.. there are so many ways this can be done.. ranging from $50 - $300... Lol

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    That's one for the petrols.. diesels don't have in built pumps. Well the mighty 4.2 doesn't..

So that's $75 for the tank. What sorta price you looking at for the dual filler neck setup?
    And electrical.. there are so many ways this can be done.. ranging from $50 - $300... Lol

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Nah that send is the same for petrol and diesel. I have not read his add but don't need to, the send in the aux tank has a transfer pump only and transfers to the main tank.

You would need to sort a duo filler neck but would not be a big deal to sort.

An LRA belly rank is thick and does not need a bash plate. They are bloody strong!

I would not hesitate to bolt that up to the GQ if I needed the range. Score!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a previous thread on this somewhere and ChrisN has posted up the installation instructions in there. It has all the kit part numbers and everything for the hoses, fillers,bolts, etc.
    I've got a mate who works at ARB and I'm going to ask him to get the installation kit from LRA for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast