Thread: Lokka front diff lock GQ

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lokka front diff lock GQ

Hey all just wondering if the lokka assembly for a GU will fit the GQ front diff? I remember seeing one a website that the gq/gu were in the same 'heading' and just wondering if they retrofit either.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the diffs are the same on the GU/GQ.
    I just recently bought one for my GU and ordered another one at the same time for my mates GQ and this was confirmed for me at the point of sale

Have you considered the Richmond Lock-right? I got mine from Mark at Top Traction http://www.toptraction.com.au/page5.php he had them in stock

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that - just a mates comp truck has a front lokka that he pulled out in favour of a arb air locker, so hes basically giving it away. Throught i may chuck it in for fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go for it dude... gives a huge increase in capability and also allows you to tackle challenges with less momentum so less crash and bash.

One thing to watch tho... on real hard slippery surfaces there may not be enough torque differential to unlock the Lokka and the vehicle will go straight regardless of steering input IE 100% understeer. One trick is to unlock the drivers side hub so the front wheels will differentiate and you can go round corners again... only need to do it when on clay or whatever... anywhere esle where there is sufficient traction to unlock the Lokka then no drama's

Dunno whereabouts in Aus you are but happens a lot on claypans over here and scares crap outa ya if you don't expect it
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent thanks for that - yeah yeppoon, so lots of sand, hills and mud (when it rains, which it seems to be everyday) lol.

Thanks.