User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterlogged GU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure in the GU's but the GQ have a small tube in the bottom corners of the front windscreen, these tend to block up with gunk & cause the windscreen to leak on both sides, this is fitted for when water gets behind the seal & this allows it to weep out,
    2002 3L GU Patrol, 2" lift, 33's, snorkel, dual battery, sliders, DVD, bluetooth

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morton For This Useful Post:

Ian2011 (18th June 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

us poms are crap at cricket fracster's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 Times in 387 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it got a sunroof?
    It is now official, we are not quite so sh@t at cricket as we were! Rugby Union is a different matter.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cuppa, I see what they are now.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a previous thread similar to this issue, try reading. It could be the drain pipe from the aircon evaporator that is not draining well. The pipe could be clogged when you went thru deep water. try declogging it and give an extension pipe.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    There is a previous thread similar to this issue, try reading. It could be the drain pipe from the aircon evaporator that is not draining well. The pipe could be clogged when you went thru deep water. try declogging it and give an extension pipe.
    I am able to read mate, didn't need some smart a@#e comment from you. Sometimes first hand info is better then spending hours trying to search with the right keywords. Thanks to all others who provided some good info, will have a good look on the weekend to see if I can locate the problem.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2011 View Post
    I am able to read mate, didn't need some smart a@#e comment from you. Sometimes first hand info is better then spending hours trying to search with the right keywords. Thanks to all others who provided some good info, will have a good look on the weekend to see if I can locate the problem.
    Sorry if I offended you on this thread. I didn't mean anything other than saying for you to read that for that thread was expounded enough for anyone to look easily on the drain pipe issue if that appears to be your problem with your vehicle..

I posted on that thread trying to share a first hand info as you have stated as the better info. It was my personal experience having flooded passenger carpet, if you may want to know.

Be patient to look into any thread.

I don't know if I'm right, double posting of any thread is prohibited. Moderators of this forum, can you appraise us on this?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,387 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    i don't know if I'm right, double posting of any thread is prohibited. Moderators of this forum, can you appraise us on this?
    No mate there is no harm in posting a thread that has been covered already. You might get asked to use the search. If I see a thread I know has been covered before I generally search for the thread and post the link to it.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

alexx (20th June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries Alexx, wasn't really offended but just thought the way your comment was written was implying I hadn't already done some research. No Harm, no Foul.
    6.5 Chevy, roof rack, uhf, Spotties, dual batteries, ARB Bullbar, 12, 000lb winch, (unfortunately not Warn) Safari snorkel, Dieselgas conversion, 2in lift, engine watchdog fitted, boost/EGT guages, front elokka fitted, rear power supply mods, turbo timer, dual wheel carrier rear bar.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ian
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this leak. I have the same thing goin on. Water leaking in at the top of the a pillar and dripping of the grab handle. Have had the screen out and resealed twice. I do not have a sunroof so thats not the problem. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12