Thread: Ironman 4x4

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironman 4x4

Hey Guys,

As requested in our intro thread, I've setup a vendor thread. If anyone has any questions or queries, feel free to get in contact with us through here!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Biscuits (12th June 2013), janderson (20th July 2013), MEGOMONSTER (12th June 2013), Rustyboner81 (21st July 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post
    Hey Guys,

As requested in our intro thread, I've setup a vendor thread. If anyone has any questions or queries, feel free to get in contact with us through here!
    How bout I start with an easy one.
    Can you give us some details of your winches, pics, specs, and why you think your product is would make a good purchase for us, the users.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above image should have all the basic details of our winches, including pricing and specs.

To provide some additional detail though:

Ironman 4x4 winches are specifically made for Ironman 4x4 in a factory we have a direct relationship with (no these aren't built in Australia). BUT, these are not an off the shelf product from any Chinese factory. Our winches are designed and engineered in Melbourne, Australia (in our Dandenong South HQ) and we tested and proved them out in Cape York before releasing them to the public.

Our winches have a completely custom design including, competition style solenoid, a motor breather (we are the only winch on the market that comes with a breather) and an integrated cut off switch built into the winch (stops cases of winches being shorted and pulling themselves in and removes the need to wire in an isolator). We’ve also integrated some design elements such as a low profile clutch handle to make it easier to fit into some bars (I personally found this a big win when I installed it in my GU series III genuine Nissan Bar), a torch on the wireless remote for those night-time winch sessions, strengthened casings, stronger motors and improved motor and gearbox seals. Plus they look great with the black look!

From personal experience of my 12,000lb with rope, the thing just keeps pulling

Let me know if you need any more info or details!

EDIT:
    One feature of the winch that is quite interesting and I find both comforting and annoying is that the wireless reciever is a little dome dongle that you plug in to the wired connection point. What this does is provide you with the ability to completely disconnect the wireless controller from the control box (something that I find very re-assuring as there is no risk of the wireless controller activating the winch). But the downside is that you have a little dongle that you either leave on the control box permanently (something you can do, but I prefer not to so people can't knick it) or you need to put on the box every time you want to use the winch (I tend to put it on whenever I head off on a trip and take it off after I've finished) - but this can be a little annoying, especially if you don't plan to use it.

As stated, we use our products and test them in the real world and are constantly improving upon them. Infact I bought the winch before I started working at Ironman 4x4 so the purchase decision for that was one of value, features and a warranty that backs up its products with real world use.
    Last edited by Ironman 4x4; 13th June 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: additional note

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman 4x4 For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (13th June 2013), TPC (13th June 2013), twisty (13th June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above image should have all the basic details of our winches, including pricing and specs.

To provide some additional detail though:

Ironman 4x4 winches are specifically made for Ironman 4x4 in a factory we have a direct relationship with (no these aren't built in Australia). BUT, these are not an off the shelf product from any Chinese factory. Our winches are designed and engineered in Melbourne, Australia (in our Dandenong South HQ) and we tested and proved them out in Cape York before releasing them to the public.

Our winches have a completely custom design including, competition style solenoid, a motor breather (we are the only winch on the market that comes with a breather) and an integrated cut off switch built into the winch (stops cases of winches being shorted and pulling themselves in and removes the need to wire in an isolator). We’ve also integrated some design elements such as a low profile clutch handle to make it easier to fit into some bars (I personally found this a big win when I installed it in my GU series III genuine Nissan Bar), a torch on the wireless remote for those night-time winch sessions, strengthened casings, stronger motors and improved motor and gearbox seals. Plus they look great with the black look!

From personal experience of my 12,000lb with rope, the thing just keeps pulling

Let me know if you need any more info or details!
    Thanks, that's great, realistically wasn't expecting an answer for a while.
    They do look great, hopefully perform just as well.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest that Ironman 4 x 4 does answer questions quickly. I sent them a PM late yesterday arvo, EST, and I came home for lunch, and the answer was waiting for me.

Thanks guys.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I can attest that Ironman 4 x 4 does answer questions quickly. I sent them a PM late yesterday arvo, EST, and I came home for lunch, and the answer was waiting for me.

Thanks guys.

Rossco
    Make you feel loved hey!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (13th June 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We try where we can

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh im down with them sent a message and they were straight on it.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We try where we can
    I have another enquiry about the load equaliser I am thinking to put on my boat trailer. Can you gets a quote and can they be used on trailers.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mates son brought and Ironman winch to suit his Mazda Bravo, some little thing went
    wrong and Iron Man replaced the winch instead of repairing,
    Mates son was of course wrapt
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast