Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I Need A New 3lt Turbo

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with my turbo on the Gu 3 and took it to turbo glide in wollongong, they serviced it and fitted an electronic boost controller. No probs since in fact i think it feels better than ever. They said it was jamming open or shut and overboosting as a result, i had ether no power or it was boosting of its head, as i said now no probs at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben81C For This Useful Post:

Remmy (28th June 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Its been a long wet week! So I managed to get the pipe that runs from the air filter to the turbo off for inspection and it was clean and dry, no oil, even where the PVC pipe runs into it. Looking into the turbo was a different story. In the picture below you can see the clean oil pooling in the bottom of the elbow on the turbo (the mark in the middle of the oil is where my finger went when feeling inside) so its worse case scenario being a seal that has gone. On the upside I have got myself a good second hand unit on its way from ebay..... 46$ + postage winning bid and with free fitting by my very good mates, even better. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for listening

Remmy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123